Thread: Cannot connect to MS SQL Server after installing Admin Kit

Cannot connect to MS SQL Server after installing Admin Kit

I am facing a problem in my computer with Windows XP Service Pack 2. The situation is that I cannot connect to MS SQL Server after installing Admin Kit. Actually, before the installation of the Admin Kit, I had run a scan that is provided by the Kaspersky antivirus, that I have installed in my system. The SQL Server Manager is running without any issues, but still I am not able to connect. Kindly help me with the solutions to this problem.

The antivirus may have blocked the program

I guess that you cannot connect to MS SQL Server after installing Admin Kit because the antivirus may have blocked the program. It is also possible that some files may have become corrupted after scanning it with the help of the Kaspersky antivirus. I suggest you to stop the antivirus first and after that try to do the connection. If it helps, then well and good or else I do not think that there is any solution for this issue.

MS SQL 2005 Express Edition

Hello there, the problem that you cannot connect to MS SQL Server after installing Admin Kit be solved by using the MS SQL 2005 Express Edition. I can assure you about the same because I had faced a similar problem and using the express edition helped me to get rid of the problem. The express edition is actually a free version of MS SQL Server. Just let me know if the issue persists.

Install a new Admin Kit

Hey,
    According to me, you must install a new Admin Kit. This is my suggestion because I suppose that you cannot connect to MS SQL Server after installing Admin Kit because if the kit must have been corrupted after the scan, there will be a problem while running the entire program. You will have to try out this method and it will be a charm if that works out.

Uninstall Kaspersky antivirus

It is clear that the problem that you cannot connect to MS SQL Server after installing Admin Kit is being caused by the Kaspersky antivirus. So, the simplest solution for this is to uninstall Kaspersky antivirus. This is not a recommended antivirus as well. After the uninstallation is done, try using any of the solutions that are mentioned in the above posts. Just remember that if you try out the solutions by keeping the antivirus active, then the issues will still persist.

Re: Cannot connect to MS SQL Server after installing Admin Kit

I am facing the same issue that you cannot connect to MS SQL Server after installing Admin Kit. I am still not able to eradicate the same. I think that this issue occurs only when the Admin Kit is installed. So, one must always avoid the installation of the same. I also tried using the Express Edition, but it has not helped me. I guess that we will have to wait until the full version is released.