Thread: mcafee security center with virusscan [please help me!]

mcafee security center with virusscan [please help me!]

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 operating system. The problem is that I am not able to install KIS 2010 to my system. When I try to install the application it says that your system has mcafee security center with virusscan 12.1MSC. Please help me out to sort the issue well. I hope to get a better solution. Thank you.

Re: mcafee security center with virusscan [please help me!]

You need to remove the mcafee security tool that is been installed to the system. You need to get the removal tool from the mcafee security center official site. This may then help in sorting the issue that you are facing. So it is essential that you process out for the same. Do work out by removing the tool and then try to perform the action.

There ma be some entry in the registry and this could be thjs reason that it is performing the issue in the manner that it is been functioning. Delete if there exists any such entries for mcafee and then try to install the application. This would support and may help you out to work or process the same. Do look out for the change. I hope this would work.

Perform a clean install of the application that is been installed that is mcafee. You need to completely uninstall the pack from the system and then try to uot for the thing. As if there exists some files associated to them then it is very impossible to install a new security software. Check out prom the control panel option to the add/remove components.

It could be that the admin might have restricted the rights to install any application to the system using a normal account. You need to checkout for the same. This can be done by right click on the installer.exe file of the application and then Run as administrator. I hope this should then help you out to sort the issue that you are facing. Do check out.

IF at all the above suggestions are not helping you out then it could be necessary to process out or work with the same by creating a new account that is from control panel and then from the user account. Fill in the required parameters that is essential. Now under manage section make the account type as admin account and then restart the system. Login using the newly created account.

Remove Mcafee first,please.