Thread: RivaTuner.cfg missing

RivaTuner.cfg missing

I am using an acer aspire laptop which is running with windows vista. My system seems to have got corrupted because i have used this program on a lot other operating systems. but now when i try running it on my windows vista it gives me an error message that "RivaTuner.cfg missing" can any one fix this issue.

Re: RivaTuner.cfg missing

This file is with little microsoft Office and hence you should have an application which will be associated with the cfg file. You just have to search the file within your system and for that browse to Organize and then go to Folder and Search Options in the windows explorer. Remember to deselect 'Hide extensions for known file types'

It appears as your system has been corrupted severely and you need to install a good antivirus application since your system files have been corrupted. Download and install the Mcrosoft Security essential on your system update the virus definition and then scan your system this will help you to resolve your problem.

Most probably the RivaTuner application have got corrupted and hence you need to install the RivaTuner application once again on your system. I think that this should help you get rid of this error since the reinstallation will repir or replace the corrupted .cfg file of the Rivatuner utility Hope that this will help you to resolve this issue.

Try to restore your system since the system restore will help you to get get all your system files when everything was working fine, This will save your lot of time troubleshooting headaches. You can create more system restore points and see exactly what files will be removed or added when your PC is restored.