Thread: Solution to remove Avast antivirus completely

Solution to remove Avast antivirus completely

Hello friends, my computer is running Windows 7 operating system and I am looking for a solution to remove Avast antivirus completely. Actually, I was using this particular antivirus quite a time ago in my system. It used to use up all the system resources of the system because of which I decided to get rid of the same. I have uninstalled the same, but I can see its files in the drives still. Please help me in this situation.

Try the removal from the Control Panel

Hello there, inorder to remove Avast antivirus completely, you will have to try the removal from the Control Panel. If the files of the antivirus is still persisting in the system even after uninstalling the antivirus, then it will be shown in the control panel. Just remove the software from there and the problem that you are facing will be eradicated. Just let me know if the issue persists.

Manual deletion of the files

There is no such problem to remove Avast antivirus completely. You can simply do the manual deletion of the files, when you see them in the system. Just unhide all the files and folders from the VIEW tab and you will be able to see all the hidden files of the system too. The files of the antivirus software that are remaining in the system are those that belong to the virus chest.

Use SpeedUP my PC

I suggest you to use SpeedUP my PC to remove Avast antivirus completely. This is a tool that shows all the components, applications and programs that are installed in the system. There is an option to delete the files completely of any particular application or program after the uninstall of the same. The entire system will be free and clean from any application or program, that you wish to remove.

Junk files

Hey, I suppose that the files of the Avast antivirus that you are finding in your system are just the junk files. You need to optimize the system as well as defragment the drives of the system to scan the system for such junk files and for eradicating the same. I have successfully removed many applications and programs with this same method. I hope that your problem will be solved after that.