Thread: Unable to uninstall avast! 4.8

Unable to uninstall avast! 4.8

I have the desktop computer system which has the Windows XP operating system installed in it. I have installed the avast! 4.8 antivirus software for protecting the desktop from the viruses and the other threats. Now i want to remove this antivirus program from my system. But i am unable to uninstall avast! 4.8 antivirus from the desktop. So provide me the suggestion to resolve this issue.

Re: Unable to uninstall avast! 4.8

You are having the computer system with the Microsoft Windows XP operating system. You are having the avast! 4.8 antivirus software in the system and now you want to remove this program from your system but you are not able to do so. Well i dont know what you are trying to remove because you have not mentioned it over here. You can uninstall it from the "add or remove programs" available in the Control panel.

If you are not able to uninstall the avast! 4.8 antivirus program from your desktop computer having the Windows XP operating system in the normal windows mode then i think you should try to uninstall the avast! 4.8 antivirus program in the Windows safe mode. So start your desktop computer in the Windows safe mode and try removing this antivirus application.

However you have not mentioned the error which you are getting during the uninstallation of the avast! 4.8 antivirus software. May be some of the files are missing of the software because of which it is not able to uninstall from the system. So i will advice you to uninstall the avast! 4.8 using the installation disc. Insert the disc in the DVD rom, After that you will get the repair or uninstall option if the software exist in the system. Select the uninstall option. This will remove the program.

There are some of the softwares available in the market which can help you out in uninstalling the avast! 4.8 antivirus program from the Windows XP operating system which your desktop has. One of them is the "aswClear" software. So download it and install it in your system. This will remove the avast! 4.8 antivirus program from the Windows XP operating system.

Procedure for removing the avast! 4.8 antivirus using the "aswClear" application.
    • start Windows in Safe Mode
    • Start the "aswClear" program
    • browse for the avast antivirus folder in the system
    • Click remove
    • Restart computer when prompted by the uninstallation process.