Thread: Upgrade to Avast 5 is not working

Upgrade to Avast 5 is not working

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate operating system and I am using Avast 5 with it. The problem is that the upgrade to Avast 5 is not working. Everything was working fine in the previous operating system, that is Windows Vista. I have done the upgradation recently. This is a very good antivirus, that I am using from quite a long time. So, please help me with the solutions to solve this issue.

An incompatibility issue

It seems that the upgrade to Avast 5 is not working because there is some kind of in incompatibility issue between the antivirus software and the operating system. First, run the hardware and software evaluation tool in your system. If it is shown to be incompatible, then you will have to get rid of this antivirus. Search for the alternatives that can be used with Windows 7.

The newer version of Avast

Rather than using an Avast 5, that is a very old version of the antivirus, I suggest you to get the newer version of Avast. This particular version will be compatible with the Windows 7 operating system and the problem that the upgrade to Avast 5 is not working will also be eradicated. I am sure that there will be no issues while using this new version because all the applications and programs, with their new versions work fine with Windows 7.

Force the upgrade to be done

You will have to force the upgrade to be done, if the upgrade to Avast 5 is not working in Windows 7. There is a possibility of some incompatibility problem, but it can be solved with the help of the "run as administrator" option. You will have to start the antivirus with the help of this option first. Just check out if the upgradation is going on. If it is not, then just let me know about the same.

Start the antivirus in the compatibility mode

My suggestion to you is to start the antivirus in the compatibility mode if the upgrade to Avast 5 is not working. You will get an option of troubleshoot compatibility, while you right-click on the icon of the antivirus. You will have to use the recommended settings or mention about the problems from the list given there. Now, try doing the upgradation. If you find that the settings are proper, then just apply them for the future.

The compatibility tool for Avast 5

Hello there, have you searched for the compatibility tool for Avast 5. This is tool that will help you to solve the problem of upgrade to Avast 5 is not working, if it is any kind of incompatibility problem. Actually, all the applications and programs are provided with such compatibility tools, that is the ones that are facing incompatibility issues. Installing the same will solve the issue.