Thread: Avast 5.0 Internet Security - Problems with Firewall

Avast 5.0 Internet Security - Problems with Firewall

I have the laptop which has the Windows XP operating system loaded in it. I have installed the Avast 5.0 Internet Security in this laptop for protecting the laptop from the virus on the internet. The problem which i am facing is that the firewall is not working after installing Avast 5.0 Internet Security. So there is problems with Firewall in Avast 5.0 Internet Security. The system shows some firewall service error codes.

Re: Avast 5.0 Internet Security - Problems with Firewall

You are having the laptop which is loaded with the Windows XP operating system and the issue which you are facing is that the firewall is not working of this laptop after you have installed the Avast 5.0 Internet Security. You are getting the error messages related to the firewall in the system. So make sure that the Avast 5.0 Internet Security is installed properly in the system.

This type of the issue can arise if you will be having the two firewalls installed in your computer or the laptop system having the Windows XP operating system or any other Microsoft Windows operating system. The Microsoft operating systems comes with the preloaded firewall and Windows XP also has it. So first of all turn off the Windows firewall before turning on the Avast 5.0 Internet Security firewall.

I think you are having and using the two firewalls at a time in your laptop with the Windows XP operating system. Because of which you are getting the firewall issue. I think you are using the Avast 5.0 Internet Security firewall along with the inbuilt Windows firewall because of which you are facing this issue in your laptop. So turn off one of these firewall which will resolve the problem.

You have only mentioned that in your query the firewall of your laptop which has the Windows XP operating system is giving some error code and not working properly. But you have not mentioned the type of the error you are getting. So first mention the error code you are getting in your laptop after that we will be able to resolve the issue according to the error type.

I was also having the same issue with my desktop having the Windows XP operating system with the Avast 5.0 Internet Security. i was getting the following errors.
    • vrb/sys Starting service aswNdis2
    • vrb/sys Service aswNdis2 started, errcode: 0x0000000

But this issue was resolved by reinstalling the Avast 5.0 Internet Security and disabling the default Windows firewall of the Windows XP operating system.

ThumbsUp Re: Avast 5.0 Internet Security - Problems with Firewall

I also had problems with Avast 5.0 Internet Security and the firewall not starting. Upgrading to Avast 6.0 Internet Security fixed the problem.

Regards,
    Nick