Thread: Question on dell alienware video drivers

Question on dell alienware video drivers

I have recently bought a new dell alienware desktop and I have some questions regarding the graphic driver that it uses, my question is like can we use some other drivers also such as from AMD or NVIDIA or do we have to use only the custom drivers that we get, because I have seen people who have just mod their machine to use non dell drivers. I don’t want to do that but still I want to ask that without mod can’t we use that drivers in my machine, what will be the cause it there would be any? Any idea?

Re: Question on dell alienware video drivers

See I am wondering because I am seeing this for the first time that the person want to use another drivers as he already has a very good drivers for the GPU, but still I would say that’s great as you know that we have to mod the machine in order to use another drivers, so without that it is impossible, and the people who do that, who either have no option or they must be checking the one, but if you have any then why to use another one?

The way you are saying like it’s a custom driver, but let me tell you that they are the most suitable one for your hardware as provided by the company itself but if you use any other drivers this may cause too many problems regarding the graphics like you may lose the actual graphics that you’re expecting, and additionally, it might be possible that the driver might not support the hardware that you have, so can damage the hardware also, it this is not actually happens every time, but as we are concerning about the causes, then it should be included.

This is actually depends on the graphic card that you have, because some of them have design to work with all the drivers along with their custom one, but some of the cards must need Dell drivers to work right, so if you want to use another driver for your system, I would say you first of all make sure that whether your GPU supports that driver or not, and after all you can try that out, there is no such big issue, if suppose the driver doesn’t work than you can simply uninstall it and again install the one that works perfectly.

Hey thanks guys for the reply, I was just confirming about this, I am not going to use any other driver with the hardware that I have, but for the getting knowledge about that I was actually asking such a question, and may be it seems funny also, but still if suppose I want to use another driver then from where can I get those drivers? And can we check compatibility also for that.

Yeah that’s the thing that we always have to consider while using the drivers, like before using it we should always make sure about their compatibility with the hardware and then only install the other drivers, and that you can download from the dell’s website only, you won’t have to roam around for that. but still we recommend you to use the driver that you have got with the hardware, which will be well suited. And if suppose you want to use another one, you have to install CCC suit for that, I don’t have much idea about that, so you can search on the internet.