Thread: AVAST 5 can't update program or virus definitions

AVAST 5 can't update program or virus definitions

I have purchased new desktop computer system and i have installed the AVAST 5 antivirus software for protecting my computer system from the viruses and other malicious threats. But the problem is that this antivirus is not able to update the virus database. The AVAST 5 can't update program or virus definitions. So how can i resolve this issue easily.

Re: AVAST 5 can't update program or virus definitions

You have the desktop computer system which has the Windows 7 64 nit operating system installed in it. You are facing the problem with the Avast 5 antivirus software which you have installed in your computer system from protecting it from the viruses and other types of the malicious threat to the computer system and the data stored in it. The program is not able to update the antivirus database. First of all make sure that you are connected to the internet properly.

You are saying that the avast 5 antivirus is not able to update the virus definition by itself in the Windows 7 operating system. It may be possible that the programs updater file or the tool which updates the virus definition of the software is not working properly or it is corrupted. So make sure that the software is installed properly. The reinstallation will fix the problem.

I dont think you are using the licensed copy of the AVAST 5 antivirus program in your desktop computer system. According to me you are using the pirated version of the AVAST 5 antivirus software. So i will advice you to purchase and install the licensed copy of the antivirus software. This will fix the problem of the update in your system having the Windows 7 operating system.

You should always download the softwares from the official website of the particular product. If you download the program from some other website it is possible that it will be infected with the viruses or with some other malicious programs. So you should download it from the official website of the avast. You can refer the following link to download the avast antivirus for the Windows 7 operating system.
    http://www.avast.com

If your are not able to download the Avast antivirus program from the website of the avast then you can directly download it from here. So AVAST 5 is available for the the download from here. You are saying that you are not able to download the virus definition of this antivirus. So you can download the virus definition from here. So try this out.

Betch Guest

ThumbsUp Re: AVAST 5 can't update program or virus definitions

Try this:
    go to SETTINGS (top right corner) / Updates / Proxy Settings: and change from "Auto detect (Using IE)" to "Direct Connection (no Proxy)".

so basicly its the fault of IE (maybe you unisntalled it or never used it) this way Avast will connect directly to the server without using IE to do that for it...

hope this helps

PLESE LET ME KNOW IF THIS SOLVED THE PROBLEM
    Last edited by Betch; 29-09-2010 at 06:14 AM.

HEy Betch,
    just wanted to say thanks... I'm not the OP but was having the same issue (or similar) and your fix worked for me

ThumbsUp Re: AVAST 5 can't update program or virus definitions

Worked for me !!!!!!!!!! man ur the best...i dont normally leave a comment but i couldnt stop myself doing here