Thread: Sort pictures into folders by EXIF info

Sort pictures into folders by EXIF info

Hello
    I try to classify the images in my folders as EXIF information. I'd like to find a program that moves them into folders according the following pattern:
    Code:
    \ Year \ year-month-day \ ...
    Most programs I found rename images from EXIF data, but I have not yet found a program that does that move to folders created from the EXIF data. I hope seeing the post on "Image Binder", but apparently it does not work. Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

images into folders by EXIF info

Hello,
    In PCs, it's not necessarily easy for me, look at all the same software that replaces iView Media Pro, which was acquired by Microsoft. This was a reference for cataloging as a friend (news agency IPPD) used for the work, he may be using yet, but so it has real quality in a pro then. The new version, you can try that. Microsoft Pro Photo: Expression Media 2 - Digital Catalog and Organize Files Easily With Image Management Software.

Re: Sort pictures into folders by EXIF info

Hello,
    The software (free) XnView knows sorting lists of photos by date contained in the EXIF (and many other things besides). Once the list is classified, you can capture photos in groups (depending on dates) and moved (by drag and drop) in folders that you have prepared beforehand. If it responds to your request and you are having trouble putting this out then you just post back with your query.

Hello,
    In windows xp when I'm in a picture file when I click on the picture, a couple of times to have them in ascending or descending. For rename if necessary I use EXIF is free and there I use the date Shooting as a name with a generic title for me to find. For example, a travel file and a subfolder named the year and the destination, exif Name the picture "name for pic 01-02-2010" the first being a cipher number order so I can include with the other EXIF date "first photo taken June 02, 2010".

Hello,
    I was by the software to import images canon ZoomBrowser, which allowed to import images in the ranking with 1 file by date of filming. The problem, it only works when importing the source of which is AFN. It does not work through a folder. I tried using the function of mass rename xnview, but the latter does not support renaming, creating folders in the target name. Linux, digiKam allowed to do, but with the same limit as the Canon software.

jacky7788 Guest

i think it can be use zoomboom softwares

but tell me how to use it do u have a snap shot shar with us other wise add the video

Quote Originally Posted by milson View Post
    but tell me how to use it do u have a snap shot shar with us other wise add the video
    Why dont you give a try to Lightroom.

There's a free BETA version of Lightroom 3 available. On the agenda for this update:

- A significant improvement in the overall functioning of the application. Lightroom 3 Beta 2 is substantially more responsive, especially when importing images.

- The import module is also revised and now offers (oh joy, happiness) to integrate the videos in your library. So you will not have to distinguish between your images and movies from the same device. This function is based is indeed very basic, but so convenient to manage all media. Thus, you can not edit your video files, but simply to catalog and annotate.

- Support of new cases (damn, still not the Samsung NX10 ....)
    * Canon EOS 550D (Rebel T2i / Kiss Digital X4)
    * Olympus E-PL1
    * Panasonic G2
    * Panasonic G10
    * Sony Alpha 450 (A450)

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/