Thread: Pci Simple Communication Controller Driver

Pci Simple Communication Controller Driver

Hello everyone,

After installation of the software,I went back via my driver install CD to get the stuff functioning. Everything is going fine except something assumed as PCI Simple Communications Controller.

It doesn't appear to be affecting anything adversely but I am unable to get any associated information regarding this online. The entire threads, I did so many search have pointed back to Microsoft's Update pages, that I do not yet want to tempt just yet. I have my board is a DQ965GF. Do you have all any suggestions?

Hello all,

I got the solution of this problem. If you would move to device manager, click on the PCI simple communications controller and then jump for property and get the details. You will get a code such as
    PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

The VEN code indicates that the vendor and the DEV code means device: in my scenario, the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8. Once you get two codes,visit on www.pcidatabase.com. Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware. That is the place where you can find the appropriate driver downloads for your hardware.

Although, different for Toshiba, but worth a shot. The device property :

PCI\VEN_8086 DEV_3B64...

Recently,I downgraded a Windows 7 Dell Inspiron 1564 to Win XP Pro for a client and suffering with the same problem. 'PCI Simple Communications Controller' flagged in Dev Mgr turned out to be 'Intel Management Engine Interface' (Intel MEI). After a long searching on the internet, I found a little solution on the web, found a post suggesting Dell package R243176 would have the driver what I needed. Try out this, it was like charm for me...

OK, that board is another section of Intel's desktop line. Unfortunately I didn't get any Windows Server 2003 compatible drivers for this on Intel's web site, that is likely to be the causes you are getting that error.

That's how Device Manager presents an unrecognized serial device, which could be any number of things. I don't think, There is any simple method to tell except by using Device Manager with careful manner to see if any of the needed MB devices are missing.

I had a similar scenario that is being discussed when installation of WHS on a system I built to house it.

In my case, The Gigabit Ethernet Controller required a driver that Windows Server 2003 did not allow at the time of setup. After I executed the driver and software tools CD from my mb, it installed the required driver(s) and WHS properly connected to the router and therefor the Internet, automatically connected to automatic updates and downloaded and installed them.