Thread: Disabling volume dial

Disabling volume dial

I am running with a Toshiba P305-S8842 which I am constantly rubbing against the volume control dial on the front. I was suffering so much and decided to disable the volume control dial on the front but I don't have any idea regarding this issue and the procedure as well. I am using windows (Vista 64) and not getting any way to disable the volume control . Someone can help me about how to do It ?

Thanks.

Disabling volume dial

There are so many user from different platform like Ubuntu,Linux, widows have asked more about this very issue.

You can do it from the sound controller and disable the sound option causes any problem with you. You have to try this to manage the volume through the sound control panel on the computer ,just do quick and your issues would be resolved.

Thanks.

Disabling volume dial

Wow, I got something that would be more helpful for you. Windows provide a tool to enable and disable the activity of particular part of the windows system.

you can do it from the RUN. Just click on the start menu and choose run and click there and type the following in the RUN box :Msconfig , The tool would be open and you can disable and enable the volume control with the help of associated check box as well as you can disable and enable the action of the program.

Disabling volume dial

There are some different method are being used on different platform and I am getting you are working on windows vista then you can use this way also to disable the volume control permanently.

This is the simple and little bit time consuming steps to control over the volume control :
    • Move to the start menu and then control panel.
    • Select sound,speech and audio devices.
    • Just click on the sound and audio devices.
    • And uncheck, place volume icon in the task bar.

Disabling volume dial

I am also a Ubutu (Linux based OS) user as well as windows. For some other practices, I used Ubuntu and I like to use that also. The members has suggested you really well in windows platform but if you are working on Ubunut then you can disable the volume control form the following mechanism as follows :

In the Ubuntu environment,menu->System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts, and disable the volume up and volume down shortcuts.