Thread: How disable subtitle in VLC?

How disable subtitle in VLC?

Hello Friends, I need your help regarding one issue. As i watch lots of video on the VLC which enables the subtitle automatically if it finds one. I don't want the subtitle in the same but still i am getting. So can any one tell me about How disable subtitle in VLC? so that i can get rid of the subtitle of the VLC. A help may be appreciated. Thank you

Re: How disable subtitle in VLC?

For this you have to get into the preference and then click on the all button on the bottom of the screen. Now on the left hand side you will find the Video option select the same and the click on Subtitle/OSD and then to "Autodetect subtitle files”. Now enable the sub picture as well as the On Screen Display. Thats it!!!!!!!!!!

For this you have to get into the preference and then click on the all button on the bottom of the screen. Now on the left hand side you will find the Video option select the same and the click on Subtitle/OSD and then to "Autodetect subtitle files”. Now enable the sub picture as well as the On Screen Display. Thats it!!!!!!!!!!
    Will you please explain this procedure in detail so that i can achieve the same easily without any problem. I hope to get the more help from you.

As per your request i am giving you the complete detail of the same so you can disable the subtitle in the VLC completely. So just go through the detail given below to work with the same.
    • Start the VLC
    • Click on Tools
    • Jump to Preferences
    • Now on the preference Windows click on Video to expand the tree
    • Click on Subtitle/OSD
    • On the right pane deselect the Autodetect Subtitle
    • Select Enable the sub picture
    • Select On Screen Display

Thats it!!!!

Hey Chroma thanks for helping me out with the subtitle issue that i have asked about. I have gone through all the detail and it is working for me. Now there is no issue of subtitle. But have two more query that i need to solve. First is what if i wanted to enable the subtitle again and another is How to add subtitle to the VLC.

To enable the Subtitle in the VLC for future use you have to change back all the setting that you have for disabling the subtitle in the VLC. So if you wanted to do the back the changes you have made before. And moving onto your second question about adding the subtitle on VLC i am giving you the link which will help you for same.
    How To Add Subtitle Using Vlc Player ?