Thread: Verifying DMI pool Data Freezes and goes black...

Verifying DMI pool Data Freezes and goes black...

I recently got a virus on my computer, I was online when suddenly the fake antivirus pop-up saying I was infected and click here to act now blah blah blah **** came up. Well, I pulled up my antivirus and did a full system scan, but the pop-ups kept coming, it installed various icons onto my desktop, disabled task manager and was just being a pain in the ass...

I finally finished the full scan and deleted the virus, it said I had to restart the computer for the changes to take place, but didnt give me much choice because as soon as it said that, it began to restart on its own. As it restarted at some point the screen went black, and sat there, and it sat like that for too long. So I turned the computer off by the power button, turned it back on and its been doing this ever since...

I turn the computer on and after Verifying DMI pool Data, the screen goes black and it just sits there... It doesnt go past that, and its been this way for about a week...

When I try to enter safe mode of any kind, It pulls up this list and then stops at the last file listed and just sits there...

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\ntoskrnl.exe
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\hal.dll
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\kdcom.dll
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\bootvid.dll
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\config\system
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\c_1252.nls
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\c_437.nls
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\l_intl.nls
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\fonts\ vgaoem.fon
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\appPat ch\drvmain.sdb
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\drivers\sptd.sys
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\drivers\scsiport.sys
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\drivers\wmilib.sys
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\drivers\acpi.sys
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\drivers\pci.sys
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system 32\drivers\isapnp.sys

I have tried all options, every single one under the F8 list, but all have the same result...

My computer didn't come with a recovery disk or anything like that, so using it to fix my computer is not an option... Any chance I can download anything and burn to a disk to maybe help out?

I tried to reset the CMOS, but that didnt help either...

Model Name: emachines EL1200-05w
    S/NO: PTG10050038380C9323001
    SNID: 83805150630

I need a way to fix this without loosing all the stuff on my computer that I cant replace... As u can see, I need help...

Re: Verifying DMI pool Data Freezes and goes black...

I found this online but It didn't really help me...

Computer stops at verifying dmi pool data.
    Cause:

This issue can be caused by any of the below reasons.

1. Corrupt boot files on the computer.
    2. Settings for hard disk drive are not correct.
    3. Floppy diskette or CD in computer causing issue.
    4. Boot devices not set properly.
    5. BIOS corrupt or misc. setting not set properly.
    6. Connections loose or disconnected.
    7. Bad Hard disk drive or other bad hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by SerialKiffer View Post
    Corrupt boot files on the computer

If the computer has no bootable files on the drive it is attempting to boot from it is possible that the computer may halt at " verifying dmi pool data..."

To resolve this issue:

* Boot from a bootable floppy diskette. Ensure that this diskette was made on the same Microsoft Windows operating system that is installed on your computer.
    * Once at the A:\> prompt type "sys c:" and press enter. This should report the message "File system transferred." Once transferred remove the diskette and reboot the computer.

If the computer continues to not boot attempt to re-create the master boot record by booting from the bootable floppy diskette again. Once at the A:\> prompt type "fdisk /mbr" and press enter. This should return you to the prompt without giving you any message. Once at the prompt remove the diskette and reboot the computer.

Additional information about the "fdisk /mbr" command can be found on document CH000175.

Note: The above information only applies to Microsoft Windows users. If you are running a Linux / Unix variant or other operating system such as OS/2 and the computer is freezing at this DMI message ensure that Linux / Unix has been properly installed first and/or your boot manger is not corrupt.
    Uh floppy disk? People still use those? Aren't those outdated? My computer has no floppy drive...

Settings for hard disk drive are not correct

The computer freezing at "Verifying dmi pool data..." may be caused when the hard disk drive settings within CMOS are not set properly. Enter CMOS and verify that the hard disk drive settings are set properly and/or that it is set to Auto Detect.
    Verify that the hard disk drive settings are set properly? Hell I have no clue as to what set properly would even mean? Anyone care to explain?

Floppy diskette or CD in computer causing issue

Verify no floppy diskette or CD is in the computer. In some cases the computer may be trying to boot from either of these drives causing issues with the boot sequence.
    Again with the floppy disks... No there is no floppy disk or CD in my computer...

Boot devices not set properly

The computer stopping at " verifying dmi pool data..." can be caused when the boot devices on your computer are not set properly in CMOS. First, verify that no CD or diskette is in your computer. If a CD or diskette is in the computer attempt to remove this first to determine if it was attempting to boot from it.

If No CD or diskette is in the computer and your computer still halts at the DMI message enter CMOS setup and verify that the boot options are set properly. We commonly recommend that the floppy be set the first boot device, hard drive as the second boot device and the CD-ROM as the third boot device.
    The boot options are set properly... I checked...

BIOS corrupt or misc. setting not set properly

If none of the above recommendations have resolved your issue attempt to reset the BIOS / CMOS settings to the factory or default settings.
    Did it... Didn't work...

Connections loose or disconnected

If the computer has been recently moved or new hardware has been installed in the computer it is possible that a connection may be loose or even disconnected. Verify that the hard disk drive, floppy and CD-ROM cables are properly connected.
    Everything is connected...

Bad hard disk drive or other bad hardware

If you computer continues to freeze at the DMI message after attempting all of the above recommendations it is possible that the computer may be freezing because of a bad hard disk drive or other bad hardware in the computer.

Before replacing any hardware we first recommend you attempt to erase everything on the hard drive and start over.

If you're unable to get to the point of re-installing the operating system it's likely your computer has a hardware issue and it's suggested that the hard drive be replaced. If that doesn't resolve the issue then have the motherboard replaced.
    Well that sucks...

You can check the below thread that have all the information , All teh best.

Hangs on the screen Verifying DMI Data Pool after installing Windows 7
    What is "Verifying DMI pool data" screen ?

It is basically the issue related to the BIOS. You need to sot the Bios issue by lashing the same and then update it with a fresh copy of the same. This may result in functioning in better way.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenny View Post
    You need to sot the Bios issue by lashing the same and then update it with a fresh copy of the same.
    I need to what now? Details?

Quote Originally Posted by ThoMas321 View Post
    You can check the below thread that have all the information , All teh best.

Hangs on the screen Verifying DMI Data Pool after installing Windows 7
    What is "Verifying DMI pool data" screen ?
    I checked... The links didn't help...

Well i wonder why the Verifying DMI pool Data issue until now in your machine by applying the above mentioned solution. May be there is some issues with the BIOS of your machine. So update the BIOS of your machine. This should resolve the issue. May be there is some setting issue in the BIOS. Go into the BIOS of the system and search for the update ESCD and set it to "no". If this solves the issue then there is no need to update the BIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    Well i wonder why the Verifying DMI pool Data issue until now in your machine by applying the above mentioned solution. May be there is some issues with the BIOS of your machine. So update the BIOS of your machine. This should resolve the issue. May be there is some setting issue in the BIOS. Go into the BIOS of the system and search for the update ESCD and set it to "no". If this solves the issue then there is no need to update the BIOS.
    If that doesn't work, how do I update my BIOS?

Well BIOS updates are released by the manufacturer of you desktop computer and also by the motherboard manufacturer of your desktop computer system if you are having the assembled desktop computer system. So get the BIOS update from the website of the manufacturer of the desktop or from the website of the motherboard manufacturer. But i will not recommend you to update the BIOS of the desktop by yourself because it is not a easy task. So it is better to contact the service center of the desktop or some computer engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    search for the update ESCD and set it to "no".
    Its default is already no...

Quote Originally Posted by Orton View Post
    Well BIOS updates are released by the manufacturer of you desktop computer and also by the motherboard manufacturer of your desktop computer system if you are having the assembled desktop computer system. So get the BIOS update from the website of the manufacturer of the desktop or from the website of the motherboard manufacturer. But i will not recommend you to update the BIOS of the desktop by yourself because it is not a easy task. So it is better to contact the service center of the desktop or some computer engineer.
    I'll try that, thanx...
    Last edited by SerialKiffer; 11-04-2010 at 06:13 AM.