Thread: How to create a password reset disk

How to create a password reset disk

Hi everyone,
    I have a laptop which run on Windows Vista operating system, i wanted to create a password reset disk for the future protection on my laptop. As my laptop does not allow the CD/DVD drive that to be used. It does not have a floppy disk and i am using my usb device. So please help me to create password reset disk with the help of my laptop. And also if you can give me some idea on other method to create it than it would be appreciated..
    Last edited by Hamlet; 07-04-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Re: How to create a password reset disk

To do this you have two options for the password reset disk.

1. You can use a floppy.
    2. Or you can use a USB stick.

1. First you need to click on the Control Panel.
    2. Then click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
    3. After that insert either a USB flash drive or a floppy disk.
    4. Than click on Create a password reset disk in the left pane.
    5. When the Forgotten Password Wizard appears, click on Next.
    6. Then select the drive in which you want to store your password, and then click on Next.
    7. In the Current User Account Password field, just type your current password, and then click Next.
    8. When the Progress bar reaches 100%, click Next, and then click Finish.
    9. When the password reset disk has been created, remove the disk and store it in a safe location.

As you have stated that you want to create a password reset disk then if you are not able to create it with the help of the above method then i suggest you to create no password recovery disk. And after that when you accidently forgot your password then you can use a third party tool which can help you to reset your password. You can get these tools on the internet for free and also if you want than you can search for the information on the internet.

I use this tool which is called "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor". This is a great utility which can help us to reset the password of any user that has a valid local account on your Windows Vista system or any other windows version, it can be done by modifying the encrypted password in the registry's SAM file. You don't have to know the old password to set a new one. It can also work offline, that is, when you have to shutdown your computer and boot off a floppy disk or CD.

Try this one Windows Password Recovery Tool. This tool helps to resets the passwords for any of the Windows account. It also recovers all the passwords typed in the Web Browsers including the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, MSN Explorer and Netscape Navigator and most of the other browsers. It also helps us to recover passwords for the Chat Messengers, such as MSN Messenger, Google Talk and Windows Live Messenger. It also helps us to find serial keys for the Windows and various applications

You can use Windows Login Recovery tool which can be used to reset the password for the windows. It helps to recovers lost Windows passwords, it will make you log onto the system easily. This tool is for recovering Windows passwords which is used to login Windows system which includes administrator's password and the user's passwords that have the administrative privileges, etc. It also removes all the lost Windows passwords instantly and safely and supports most of the Windows versions.