Thread: Unable to lock pdf file in Adobe Reader

Unable to lock pdf file in Adobe Reader

I have a personal computer which runs on Windows XP operating system. I have Adobe Reader with version 9.3 on my computer and i wanted to lock the pdf files. But the problem is that i don't know the settings for locking the files. so if anyone know the settings and some information on this topic then please provide me and also if anyone has done this before then you can give me the settings.

Re: Unable to lock pdf file in Adobe Reader

I think the Acrobat Reader which is the only tool by which you can view the PDF files. As you have said that you need to lock the pdf files with the help of this software then you need to create an encrypted PDF file that you can use "pdf995 suite" which is available on the internet. It is a trial version and it doesn't leave any of the watermarks on the PDF files created, only a few websites will be popedup once the printing of the pdf files is done.

To do this you need to have "Foxonic" which can help you to lock your pdf files. With this application you have to do just three steps to add password to protect a PDF file:

1. You need to set the building mode to "All to One" and then set destination PDF file name, location.

(2) Then set the "PDF Security", that you can set "Owner Password" and "User Password", you can also set a permission, such as "Disable copying","Disable printing" etc

(3) After that select the source PDF file and then click "Build" button, the password will be added automatically to the PDF doc.

Also you can use "Free PDF Creator" which is a great software by which you can add security to your PDF document.

Features:
    1. You can create PDF files easily from any of the Windows-based program.
    2. You can also control which of the users can read, print, edit, copy or comment your PDF files.
    3. You can also keep your PDF files to small with our compression options.
    4. With this software you can also restrict users to view, edit, copy, print or add comments to your document by protecting it with password.

As you want to protect your pdf files with the help of lock settings then you need to select "Document then in the Security then to Secure This Document...", or you can try some of the encrypting tools which can help you to protect PDF documents, such as A-PDF Password Security. With this tool, you can set an password and restrictions at the same time, like non-printing, non-copying, etc. TO have this you need to go on the internet.

You can have this tool which is called "PDF Encrypt Tool V2.0" that can be used to protect the PDF files with 128-bit strength user and owner passwords, you can set all the permissions like copying, editing, printing, selecting text and graphics, fill in etc, and then prevent PDF files from being printed, changed, copied, extracted, signed, filled, assembled or merged. This tool is the fast, affordable by which you can encrypt a lot of the pdf files to the encrypted pdf files.