Thread: Installing Office 97 breaks UAC setting UI in windows 7

Installing Office 97 breaks UAC setting UI in windows 7

Hey there, I am having issue with the installation of the Office 97 on the computer running with the Windows 7. After the installation of the same i am unable to make the changed in the User account control setting. So is there any solution of the problem i.e. Installing Office 97 breaks UAC setting UI in windows 7 available then help me with the same. Thank you

Re: Installing Office 97 breaks UAC setting UI in windows 7

This is the know issue with the installation of the Office 97 on the Windows 7 which is due to the registry changes. When you install the Office 97 then it make the several changes in the Registry which is having no issue in the older version of the Windows but for Windows 7 it is not working. So there is one solution that before installing the Office 97 you should take the back up of the Registry and then install the same on Windows 7. After the installation just restore the back up. This will solve the issue.

Have you tried running the Office 97 on the Windows XP Mode? If not then try to run the same on the Windows XP mode which runs the Windows XP application on the Windows 7 PC and show the compatibility with the older version of the software. So try the same and let me know about the issue. Will find more solution if problem persist.

Have you tried running the Office 97 on the Windows XP Mode? If not then try to run the same on the Windows XP mode which runs the Windows XP application on the Windows 7 PC
    I have tried running the same on the Windows XP mode but that also does not solve my issue and i am getting the same issue with this also. So suggest me some more.

OK if above reply is not working for you then i think this is the issue of the Registry which is creating the issue with the running of the User account setting on then Windows 7 running machine. So here i am giving you the solution of the registry with the below given attachment. Just open the rar file and extract the office.reg file and run the same.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ThoMas321; 07-04-2010 at 12:06 PM.

If all the above is not working the i will suggest to run the application in the Windows 7's compatible. The Windows 7 allow to run the application in compatible mode with the Windows XP. So follow the below given step to perform the same.
    • Right click the application
    • Select the ‘properties’ option
    • Select the Compatibility tab
    • Select the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” check box
    • Select the Windows XP SP2 from the drop down
    • Click on Apply.