Thread: Configuring TMG 2010 in Hyper-V

Configuring TMG 2010 in Hyper-V

Hi folks,
    I am having a problems while configuring TMG 2010 in Hyper-V. I have tried to do lot of things but I was not successful. So thought to take some help from you guys. Please provide me with the needful information. I am fairly new to both HyperV and TMG so I might have went wrong. Needs your help desperately.

Re: Configuring TMG 2010 in Hyper-V

If a library contains a folder that has his name in an accent you will not be able to file documents through ISA or TMG. It will be shown an error of access denied 401 with an error code 12209 on the ISA and TMG as to make him an internal error 500 with error code 12202. This problem is known, especially for countries using the Latin accents. In fact ISA / TMG blocking http POST with an accent for a default encoding (Unicode vs. HighBit). This occurs when you use authentication using forms. To work around this problem, you can disable forms authentication and use HTTP authentication. However, this change makes many impacts. Firstly an aesthetic point of view, you may have already customized the login form and then is so much more than just a pretty even natively popup authentication.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

This problem underinsured motorist When the conditions are true following :
    • In the Web listener That the SharePoint Web publishing rule uses, HTML Form Authentication IS configured.
    • The Web Client Send a POST request to the SharePoint Web site.
    • The URL of the POST request contains extended characters.

Microsoft offers two solutions Reverse Proxy: Microsoft Forefront TMG and UAG. We will not go into detail here because of differences I will present the publication with TMG and not with UAG, I would come back some time with another post about the publication SharePoint with UAG. What we can already point is that with UAG can be made much more securities through compliance to allow the customer access strategies, downloads, data submissions and limited areas. This will be additional tools that allow a company to release the SharePoint partner, or others while having a very strict level of security.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Returning to TMG, the subject made this post. Microsoft Forefront TMG uses (like ISA2006 and UAG) and AAM (Alternate Access Mappings) Microsoft Office SharePoint to ensure the best url rewrite and especially the use of heavier components (Word, Excel, ..) for afford not to have any errors since a remote network. We must therefore take into account that the publication of a SharePoint requires first changing the SharePoint configuration.

You should satisfy the HARDWARE profile :
    • Processor: 1.86 GHz 64-bit dual core processor
    • Memory: 4 GB, 800 MHz RAM
    • Hard Disk: 2.5 GB available space., Formatted NTFS.
    • Network Adapters: A network adapter compatible with the computer's operating system for communication with the internal network An additional network adapter for each network connected to the Forefront TMG computer.

Also the following are the recommendations to check :
    • Check your infrastructure before you deploy the Forefront TMG on 2010, making sure to meet the expectations of the business.
    • Run the Capacity Planning Tool
    • Before installing identify the network cards.
    • Install the OS on one partition and then the Forefront TMG 2010 and their additional space on another partition.
    • Configure the cache properly.
    • Make backups as you perform the configuration.
    • If you install anti-virus vendors, verify that the file cache and database are excluded, that does not impact the perfomance of the server.