Thread: Netflix changes Media Center's resolution

Netflix changes Media Center's resolution

I am having the HTPC which is currently loaded with the Windows 7 64 bit operating system. I am having issue in the system when i watch the online movies on the Netflix. The Netflix changes Media Center's resolution. The resolution automatically changes of the system. This desktop has the Nvidia 9600 512mb video card and the ATI TV tuner. I have installed the driver software properly.

Re: Netflix changes Media Center's resolution

You are having the HTPC system at your place and you are having the screen resolution issue in the Windows media center when you use Netflix for watching the movies. According to you the Media Center's resolution automatically changes when you turn on the netflix on your system. May be the Netflix automatically adjusts the setting needed for it.

I am also having the desktop with the Windows 7 operating system and the Windows media center with the netflix. I am also facing the exact issue that you are facing. The reason for this issue is that the Netflix has its own screen resolution and the preferred default settings for playback of the online movies.So when you switch to the netflix then it automatically applies the settings.

This issue can be related to the Windows media center settings in your desktop computer having the Windows 7 operating system. So check out the setting in the Windows media center for the playback of the movies on the netflix. May be there is some issues. So edit the settings where ever you want. Increase or decrease the screen resolution as required by you.

It is also possible that this issue can be related with the Graphic/Video card of your desktop computer system. You are having the Nvidia 9600 512mb video card in your desktop. May be you have not installed the latest driver software compatible with the Windows 7 operating system because of which the Windows media center is malfunctioning when you switching on the netflix.