Thread: Windows Media Player will not play regular codecs such as MP3, WMV, and AVI

Windows Media Player will not play regular codecs such as MP3, WMV, and AVI

Hello friends, i have the desktop with the Windows 7 operating system. I have upgraded the operating system of the computer from the Windows Vista to the Windows 7 operating system. I am having issue with the playback of the MP3, WMV, AVI and many other file types on the Windows Media player. The Windows Media Player will not play regular codecs such as MP3, WMV, and AVI files. So can anyone help me out in resolving this problem.

Re: Windows Media Player will not play regular codecs such as MP3, WMV, and AVI

You are facing the issue with the playback of the MP3, WMV, and AVI files on the Windows media player on your desktop computer system. Your desktop computer has the Windows 7 operating system which you have installed by removing the Windows Vista operating system. May be the Windows media player of your desktop is not working or installed properly. So re-installation can fix this issue.

I think first of all you should check that this issue only exist with the Windows media player in your system or this issue is there with all the media player softwares in your desktop computer system. If the problem is only with the windows media player than it is clear that this issue is related to the windows media software. So download and install the latest version of the Windows media player in your desktop having the Windows 7 operating system

I think the codec files which identifies the file types are damaged or corrupted and possibly not present in your desktop computer because of which the Windows Media player is not detecting the file types and as the result they are not played in the Windows media player on your desktop computer system. So again install the the codec pack compatible with the Windows media player and the Windows 7 operating system.

I will advise you to codec pack for playing the almost all the types of the audio and the video files on your desktop computer system. Make sure that you install the codec pack compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. You can also install the Media player classic and VLC media player softwares in your computer for resolving this issue.