Thread: VLC vdpau

VLC vdpau

Hi all,

HD video on the card for a higher, now support the new graphics card is usually H.264, VC-1 encoding formats such as hardware decoding, for the old graphics card, I already view the product description or understanding of the relevant information from its official website. Can anybody know that what is VLC vdpau and how it is work. Because I am seeing this to on Linux forum for VLC. Please reply.

VLC vdpau

Actually it is install the version control software Subversion. And then download the file mplayer-vdpau-3532130.tar.bz2 decompression, in the current directory generated mplayer-vdpau-3532130 directory, and enter the directory, enter the command:
    Code:
    sudo. / checkout-patch-build.sh
    Command after the source code from the MPlayer developers to export the required source code repository to a local hard disk and automatically configure, compile and install. After installation, use the command mplayer-vo vdpau-vccodec-name> to test the video file. Check and reply.

Re: VLC vdpau

For NVIDIA cards, the use of its new VDPAU output interface, combined with playing VDPAU patch MPlayer playback software, can greatly reduce the playback of video files such as H.264 when the CPU utilization. Although the use of the method has been able to play in the Ubuntu system, the resolution of 1080P H.264 video files, but is consuming CPU resources. Check and reply.

VLC vdpau

To play high-definition video playback software and decoders are essential. To Play software, I recommend MPlayer. MPlayer comes with a graphical front-end program, but many people prefer to use the Internet another graphical frontend SMPlayer, you can choose to use. In addition, the Ubuntu system, we can install and use another powerful media player VLC to watch high-definition videos. W32 codecs Linux platform is a powerful video decoder. W32codecs is applicable to 32-bit platform architecture of the decoder, but W64 codecs apply to 64-bit platform architecture of the decoder. All the best.

VLC vdpau

Recently introduced vdpau nvidia hardware decode high-definition programs in their efforts of developers continues to introduce new graphics driver has a total of five - 180.06,180.08,180.11,180.16 and 180.18, mplayer's vdpau patch also has nearly four versions of the update , close to the stable, though still some small problems. I unlike some shell crazy, anything like to use the command line, after all, turn from the windows, and for the regular operation of such movies, or like graphical interface, with the mouse is always convenient little more, smplayer mplayer as the current best front end is certainly the best choice. Smplayer is not currently an option for the vdpau, because too many of the parameters passed, but some of these parameters are not compatible vdpau, so if you want to use mplayer. All the best.

Re: VLC vdpau

After just bought the laptop, I heard the good news - nvidia linux platform for the release of its programs on the HD decoder vdpau (Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix), in the latest 180.xx series driver environment, through NV stamped on the mplayer patch available, you can use. My notebooks are just the latest 9300mgs nv independence was full support for h.264, vc-1, mpeg1 / 2 hardware solution, the curiosity in my 64-bit ubuntu in the test and it worked really obvious Play standard 720p resolution, x264 format HD video, the basic off-cpu. All the best.