Sponsored Links

Outlook Express "This application is not the default mail handler" problem

Windows Software

Old 06-04-2010

Outlook Express "This application is not the default mail handler" problem

Hello Everyone
I have only one mail program on my computer. Outlook Express
It will not take the default setting.
I click Tools, Options, and where it says "This application is not the default mail handler", I click Make Default, then apply then o.k.
Exit out of outlook and then go right back in and it says it is not the default mail handler,,,I went through this 10 times to no avail.
Can someone please help?

lbow

Old 07-04-2010

Re: Outlook Express "This application is not the default mail handler" problem

The issue could be that the application is not able to work out. It could be that the application may be appended with some bug issue and hence this is the reason that the application is showing such kind of problems. So it would be better that you to reinstall the application in order to make the issue to be sorted.
Old 07-04-2010

Thank you Eric for your input. I have had this computer for 2 years and for that time I have had non-stop issues with Outlook Express.
This problem was the straw that broke the camels back. I dumped OE and installed a program called Thunderbird, sofar, it works great, and it has a great deal of themes to choose from. Anyway THANKS again.

lbow
Old 08-04-2010

I will advice you to again reinstall the Outlook Express in your system. This will ask for setting this application as the default mail handler program. Which is not at this time this will resolve the Mail handler issue related to the Outlook Express in your system. If you have installed any other software than the outlook express for handling the mails then remove it first from the system. This will fix this issue.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,