Thread: How to design CD DVD cover on Linux

How to design CD DVD cover on Linux

Do I need to use Windows to create CD covers. Linux is full of choices and we review the cover application to make CD covers. I have light scribe technology DVD driver in my PC which is working on Ubuntu. I need some help in using Ubuntu on my computer. What are the tools that are available in the Ubuntu for creating CD cover.

Re: How to design CD DVD cover on Linux

For creating a front/back/spine/inlet kovers for your CD cases is not as problematical as you imagine. In information given good software, it is a couple of clicks blended with your originality. In this article, you determine to review cover, a lightweight and WYSIWYG (What you observe is what you get) submission and go the entire all the way through the creation procedure.

You be capable to install Kover using your distribution's package supervisor. Ubuntu users have to facilitate the Graphics (universe) repository to be capable to download from Synaptic. After the download, if you cannot observe Kover in the menu, you have to right-click on the “Applications” menu switch and add it physically. The program's binary is in /usr/bin/kover.

When you open up the kover agenda you determine to observe that it is extremely easy. The top side is reserved for the menus and toolbar images, and the bottom is split into two. On the left-hand side, you observe the “Title” above and the “Contents” below. You determine first go in excess of a custom CD creation. As you observe in the screenshot, the “Title” you type comes into view in the CD's top cover, and the contents come into view in the back.

The fit is 345x340 pixels and it is absolutely worth arranging/resizing/panning your image to this declaration previous to you brings it into Kover. To place in an image, you have to go to the Kover -> Image Embedding menu item. You be capable to select where to utilize which image here. But you must declare one shortcoming here: Kover does not mechanically scale your image.

After you implant your images, then you be capable to play with the fonts. Of itinerary you be capable to do that in advance, but in order to create the writing visible, it's superior to fit the images first and then select the font and font color. If you look at the screenshots, if you had gone with the font color white at first, you would not observe what you have written, or else, if you went with the black font color, it would not be capable to be seen after embedding the image. In addition, the fonts would not fit as you required.