Thread: Symantec Endpoint Protection Will Not Install

Symantec Endpoint Protection Will Not Install

Hello, I am having Windows vista Operating system installed on my computer. I have tried to install the Symantec Endpoint Protection on my computer with the corporate edition. But, I am getting the error message that the installation has been interrupted and you must need to reinstall it. I am not able to understand the basic problem behind this. If you are having any idea from which I will able to solve my problem, then I will be thankful to you. If you are having any kind of suggestion for this, then please help me.

Re: Symantec Endpoint Protection Will Not Install

Hell, I think you must need to install the Symantec Endpoint Protection in the "windows vista compatibility mode". It will simply solve your problem. As it may be possible that you are having issue which is related to the operating system, so if you simply make use of the Windows xp mode for installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection then you will able to get the solution for your problem. So, simply do this and get solved your problem.

Hello, I think you are having the problem of the setup file. It may possible that you are getting the problem due to the problem in your setup file corrupt format. As if you are not having the right installation file you would not able to complete the installation process. So, if you simply make use of the any other source from which you will able to get the solution to install the new Symantec Endpoint Protection then it will solve your problem.

Hello, if you want to install the Symantec Endpoint Protection then you must need to fulfill the following System Requirements:
    Processor
    • Note: Itanium is not supported
    • Intel Pentium processor or compatible architecture (32-bit and 64-bit)

Windows Operating Systems
    • Windows 2000 Professional, Server, Advanced Server, Datacenter Server, Small Business Server with Service Pack 3 or later
    • Windows XP Professional and XP Embedded with Service Pack 1 or later
    • Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, Datacenter Edition, Storage Edition, Web Edition, Small Business Server
    • Windows Vista (all x86 versions and Service Packs)
    • Windows 7 (all x86 versions)
    • Windows Server 2008 Standard, Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 Datacenter, Windows Web Server 2008 (R2 and all Service Packs supported)

Hardware
    • 256 MB RAM, (1 GB recommended) for Windows XP, Windows XP Embedded, and Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs
    • 1 GB RAM minimum (2-4 GB recommended) for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 (all editions), and Windows Server 2008 (all editions)
    • 600 MB on the hard disk

Hello, before installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection you need to follow the steps below:
    • Open the Symantec Endpoint Protection Client folder and then execute the LUSETUP.EXE.
    • It will ask you to install the LiveUpdates which you need to install.
    • Click on the OK.
    • Now simply restart your computer.
    • Login again.
    • Now from the Symantec Endpoint Protection folder execute the setup.exe.
    • It will install it.
    • Again run the LiveUpdates.
    • Restart your computer.