Thread: Fixing missing Stereo Mix problem in windows 7

Fixing missing Stereo Mix problem in windows 7

I recently lost sound on our Dell Vostro 1500 with xp. I done a system restore reinstalled audio devices and tried presently regarding everything else and still no sound. It occurs after I ran a scan of the system. The sound controls are missing off the tool bar, when I go to the volume organize in start menu it says I do not have an energetic mixer and to install one which did not run moreover and when I go to control panel and sound and audio apparatus everything is grayed out, with no defaulting apparatus set and I was unable to set one.

Re: Fixing missing Stereo Mix problem in windows 7

First of all, authenticate that you have the drivers for sound card downloaded from the producer website installed on your system. For this you have to go to the Control Panel> Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Services. Then right click on Windows Audio and choose the Properties. After that you have to select automatic start > Recovery tab. then choose "restart the service" in every field box.

If the alternative is tranquil not there, please pass on to the subsequent step: 1. you have to hit it off the Start switch, type "MMSYS.CPL" (with no citation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter. 2. And after that on Recording tab, right-click on the vacant area. 3. Then you have to verify “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices” and the Stereo Mix be supposed to demonstrate up.

You did install the beta driver properly, as provided on the imaginative. You called imaginative regarding the difficulty. They told you that their W7-RC drivers are still in beta, and that the "What U Hear" "Stereo Mix" characteristic is only maintained in Vista and XP at this time. You also have an Audigy SE, but you would not be surprised if additional cards have the similar difficulty.

Here is how to locate out if your sound card is capable to record audio with Sound Recorder (in Windows XP): 1. Position the “Volume” image on your taskbar and twice clicks to open Volume Control dialog box. If you cannot locate the Volume image, then you have to go to the Control Panel -> Double click the Sounds and Audio Devices image. Hit it off the advanced switch in Device Volume section under Volume tab. 2. From the Volume Control dialog box, hit it off Options menu -> Properties. 3. Then you have to choose recording in “Adjust Volume for” section, and choose the entire the volume controls appearing in the bottom half of the screen. Select OK to continue.