Thread: Domain Rename with Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, CRM, TFS

Domain Rename with Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, CRM, TFS

Hello,
    I have two computers running, on with windows xp and the other with windows 2003 server. My domain is running on the Windows 2003 server. All the other application or database on windows 2003 server, like sql database MS CRM etc. The problem is that I have a domain name for a company, but now I need to change the domain name. I have no idea of how to do this. If you have done this before then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Domain Rename with Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, CRM, TFS

Hello,
    I have a similar kind of a situation like you. I have done some work on this, see if this helps you. I have a domain rename application, some of the software's which you have mentioned are not installed on my computer. so, if you can provide some more information on your desktop environment, then it would be helpful for us. So, if you need to try to rename the domain then you can try the domain rename application and see it this works for you.

Hello,
    You said that you have two computer with windows xp and the other with windows 2003 server. Also, you said you have domains for them. So, I have a question for you, are the FSMO roles managed there? If you have them then do you manage then only from one server or from both the computers. Also, please mentioned that on which of the computers the serveries are installed such as CRM, SQL etc. This will help us.

Hello,
    As you have said the your domain works for the windows 2003 server, that is the domain is assigned to this level, but does this also apply for the functional level of the applications or software's that you have installed. If you have any other computer or access to other computer for a free space, more than 500GB, or big memory. If you have this then you can use this for storing the data or information on the disk.

Hello,
    I think this should solve your problem
    - First of all , the FSMO roles on the system are held by a single computer.
    - You will need to install applications such as
    - Both of the domain controllers should be free, that is they should be used by other applications
    - The MS Exchange should only be installed on a single machine.
    - Also, the SQL and CRM should be installed on the same machine
    - Sharepoint on the single machine and then access it from the other computers
    I hope this will help you sort your problem.