Thread: Hyper-V Multicast problems

Hyper-V Multicast problems

Hello friends,
    I am recently working on Hyper-V and having many issues. I think that there is problem of the Multicasting. I am not having much knowledge about the Hyper-V Multicast problems So I thought to take some help from you guys. Also I am not having much knowledge about it, so please provide me with the detailed information.

Re: Hyper-V Multicast problems

This error can be because of the hypervisor, which is not running. The hardware must meet specific hardware requirements to run the hypervisor. If the computer does not meet the requirements, you can not use it to run virtual machines. If the computer meets the requirements and the hypervisor is not running, you may need to enable options for hardware-assisted virtualization and Data Execution Prevention (DEP) implemented by hardware in the BIOS. If you change these settings, you should shut down and restart the computer. Restarting the computer does not apply configuration changes.

The virtual machine is using a network adapter instead of a legacy network adapter, or the legacy network adapter is not connected to an external network properly. Verify that the virtual machine is configured with a legacy network adapter and is connected to an external network that provides installation services. To provide network functionality of a virtual machine requires the same two basic components required on a physical computer, a network adapter and an available network. When you create a virtual machine, it is automatically configured with a single network adapter. If one or more virtual networks are available on the server running Hyper-V, you can connect the adapter to one of those networks at that time.

A network adapter requires a driver virtual machine to operate, but offers better performance. This driver is included in some recent versions of Windows. In the other supported operating systems, install the integration services in the guest operating system to install the virtual machine. Having created the virtual machine, you can configure networks for virtual machines by adding, removing and modifying network adapters, as needed.

A legacy network adapter works without installing a virtual machine controller. The legacy network adapter emulates a physical network adapter, multiport DEC 21140 10/100TX 100MB. A legacy network adapter also supports network-based installations because it offers the possibility of starting in the environment of pre-boot execution (PXE boot). However, the legacy network adapter is not compatible with 64-bit Windows Server 2003 Each network adapter can connect to a virtual network available in the server running Hyper-V.

When you try to respond to a customer on a different subnet, the server must first send an ARP request for default gateway. In multicast mode, the ARP request contains a combination of the cluster virtual IP address and MAC address multicast unicast interface. Because some routers are designed or configured to not respond to packets with this combination of unicast and multicast, the server can not find the address of the default gateway. Therefore, the server can not respond to the request. To avoid this problem, create a static ARP entry on each NLB node for the gateway. If you can not, you should use some method to create an outbound connection to a local device from the node NLB to fill the ARP cache. This method should allow continuous communication between the devices to prevent timing out waiting for ARP cache entry.