Thread: NO SOUND for .mkv in Windows Media Center

NO SOUND for .mkv in Windows Media Center

I am having the desktop computer having the Windows Media center installed in it. I am having the issue with the playback of the .mkv files in the Windows media center on the desktop. There is no sound for .mkv in Windows Media Center. What can be the possible reason for getting this type of the problem. Hope you guys will provide the solution for this issue.

Re: NO SOUND for .mkv in Windows Media Center

You are having the computer system which has the Windows Media center loaded in it. You are having issue related with the .mkv video files. You are getting the video output but not getting the audio output when playing any of the .mkv video file using the Windows Media center. I think there is some issues with the .mkv files which you want to play using the Windows media center because all the other video files are working properly.

I want to ask you that, there is issue in the playback of the .mkv video file only with the Windows media center or this issue exist with all the other media player softwares installed in your desktop computer system. So first of all provide the required information and after that we can resolve the issue according to the problem and the information provided by you over here.

I am only getting the .mkv video file playback issue with the Windows media center. There is no audio at all when i am playing the .mkv file on the Windows media center. But the same .mkv video files are played properly on the Windows Media player 12 with the audio without any problem. So, what can i do to resolve this issue? I am in the need of serous help.

I think there is some issues with the Windows Media Center in playing the .mkv video files. So the best possible way for resolving this problem is to reinstall the Windows Media Center in your computer system and compatible with the operating system you are using in your desktop computer system. This will resolve the playback issue of the .mkv file properly.

I think you are using the Windows 7 operating system in your desktop computer system. According to me you have not installed the codec pack compatible with the Windows 7 operating system in your desktop computer system. So download and install the codec pack which can play the .mkv video files and compatible with the Windows 7 operating system.