Thread: No ISATAP in Hyper-V server

No ISATAP in Hyper-V server

Hello guys,
    I am not getting the ISATAP address, even after trying lot of things. I am using the Hyper-V Server on Windows Server 2008 and according to me the settings are correct. So please provide me the solution for the No ISATAP in Hyper-V server. Should I try to change the settings to the IPv4, because now I am trying with the IPv6 for some applications. Help me as early as possible.

Re: No ISATAP in Hyper-V server

On a Windows Vista or a Windows Server 2008, Microsoft ISATAP map appears with a yellow exclamation point (!) Next to the Device Manager. In addition, when opening the properties dialog for the device, an error message similar to the following appear :
    • Windows can not load the driver (Code 31)

You can safely ignore this error message. This error message is not a problem with the card. The card will continue to function correctly.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

The Microsoft ISATAP device Inter Site Automatic Tunneling Protocol Address is used to help companies transition to an IPv6 infrastructure. Map ISATAP encapsulates IPv6 packets using IPv4 header. This feature allows the customer to transport IPv6 traffic over an IPv4 infrastructure. This approach allows companies to move slowly towards an IPv6 infrastructure without having spend too much time and financial resources to convert the new infrastructure.
    Blessings to you

If the log files and database of Active Directory are located in one of the following directories, make sure that the volume has at least twice the space used by the database and log files be available before Installing Windows Server 2008 :
    • % SystemRoot%
    • ProgramFiles%%
    • % SystemDrive% \ Program Files
    • % ProgramFiles (x86)%
    • % SystemDrive% \ build
    • % ProgramData%
    • % SystemDrive% \ Documents and Settings

Can not migrate the Application Server role of Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008. It has been re-created for Windows Server 2008 and includes default compatibility with applications built from components. NET Framework 3.0, and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). Application Server provides optional function to activate Windows Server 2008 features (such as WAS service support (Windows Process Activation Service) for protocols other than HTTP, TCP port sharing and compatibility with IIS 7.0).

In some cases, domain names that are not locked in earlier versions of Windows Server are blocked in Windows Server 2008. You may encounter problems if you later remove the protocol implements or ISATAP (Intra-site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol) or the Protocol Web Proxy Auto-Discovery (WPAD). I would like to suggest you to change the settings in IPv4.

The command replaces the command Wbadmin Ntbackup that came with earlier versions of Windows. Can not recover backups created by Wbadmin Ntbackup. A version of Ntbackup available for download for users of Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista who wish to restore backups created with ntbackup. This version only lets you recover Ntbackup backups inherited and can not be used on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista to create new backups.