Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Moving MOSS SQL DB to new SQL server

Windows Software

Old 05-04-2010

Moving MOSS SQL DB to new SQL server

Hello,
A few's months ago I had created a database. I was using it successfully for a few months, but now I want to move the whole database from one computer to another, the problem is that I have no idea of how to do this. If any one know how to move the database then it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-04-2010

Re: Moving MOSS SQL DB to new SQL server

Hello,
Ok, after you have attached the database , if you have a web application and the database is connected to it.
Just follow these steps now
Central Administration -> Web App management -> Content Database
here you can find the name of the database. Now you have to check the number of the sites. Now the number should be the same in the web application and the database. Now take the backup of the database.
Old 05-04-2010

Hello,
Also, before taking the database you will need to check the running application's pool, that is the identification number of the application. If you do not do this you might get an problem while taking the database. Please check the account you are running. And also check all the services you have enabled in your account. Check weather the database is having access permissions.
Old 05-04-2010

Hello,
Ok, as you said I have checked the identify of the application in the application pool, that seems to be fine. Also, checked the account to the SQL service account, that is find too, but I get an error while closing the account. I have no idea what that error is all about. Also, tried to attach the database to the other sites, but still the same error. If you have any idea about this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2010

Hello,
What is the error you are getting? Please post the error so that we can identify the error and help you in sorting the problem. Also, post at what stage or level are you getting the error. this is because it may be that your security is low, that is the database is less protected. There are many reasons for this error, can not exactly identify what is the exact solution until you post the error. I recommend you to check the number (identification number), because this is the most import part in it.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , , ,