Thread: Need information on Hyper V in dual boot

Need information on Hyper V in dual boot

I just wanted to know that can the hyper V will work when I dualboot with the help of Win Server 2008 R2 via VHD and also with the windows 7 operating system as may with second boot. The Windows Server will be in the VHD. I know that the Windows 7 is capable of allowing the booting via VHD. So i am planning to install the win server 2008 R2 in the VHD to boot from there. Before proceeding i wanted to know that can Hyper-v work.

Re: Need information on Hyper V in dual boot

As you have stated that you wanted to know about the hyper-v, which you wanted to work it in the dual boot of your computer. I think that the “Win Server 2008 R2 via VHD” as you were talking about is a native boot. Yes, you can set the Windows Server 2008 R2 as the native boot and then you can enable the Hyper-V in it. Hope you understand the fact and also if you want then you can use it.

The Hyper-V is designed to be with the only thing that it runs physically on the machine. While you can also install other servers roles which is simultaneously and it is not recommended that you do that. Presumably your Server 2008 is doing something which is useful for you. If you want to continue by doing that whatever it was, which you were doing in that OS, before you turned on the Hyper-V, So now you have to do it in a different VM.

In order to use it with the dual boot of your computer you need to have the suitable virtual machine system on your computer by which you can do the Hyper-v on your particualr virtual machine. So if you wanted to have it on your computer then you can do it with a single virtual machine and i think in order to hyper-v with the windows server 2008 then you can use it with the help of the microsofts.

In think if you want to have all the information on the windows server 2008 then you need to go on the official website of the microsoft windows and from there you can have the information on hyper-v with respect to the windows server 2008. Also if you want then you can go on the google search and from there you can have all the required information by which you can do what you want with the server 2008.