Thread: Empty reports in TMG using SQL server Express database

Empty reports in TMG using SQL server Express database

Hello,
    I have a problem with sql server express, when ever i try to empty the reports I get an error. Basically i have a problem to empty reports in TMG. I think this is a problem with sql server express and not the sql server itself. So, if you guys have any idea about this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Empty reports in TMG using SQL server Express database

Hello,
    If I am not wrong the main work of the TMG machine is to generate report that is it acts a a Report server. Also, if is mainly based on the SQL reporting server. And in return this server that is the SQL reporting server is used to generate reports over a SQL database. I hope the information will help you. If you have any more queries then do post back.

Hello,
    I think the main problem is the data in them, that is if you do some tricks then you can generate reports but you loose the data in them. My suggestion to you is to delete all the file in the reports folder and try to implement the whole process as a fresh copy. Also remember that do not delete the new created files. Only delete the old files, also remember to take a backup of the data before deleting them.

Hello,
    What is the version or the operating system you are using? First of all it should be a server operating system, may it be window 2003 or windows 2008 server. But I will recommend you to run the software on Windows 2008 server because Windows 2003 server has some problems with the software. Also, after you have installed the SQL server on the server operating system, please do not forget to test if the software is running or not.

Hello,
    I agree with the above post, once you have installed the software please test it and see if the test runs successfully. If it is not the you have a problem with either operating system that is the Window 2003 or Windows 2008 server operating system or the SQL software that you have installed. Also, also if the reports are not generated then you can try to use the proxy address, change the proxy address and then again try to generate the reports, this may work.