Thread: Time Synchronization On Guest Machine With SQL Server

Time Synchronization On Guest Machine With SQL Server

Hello, in my office there are number of Windows Server 2008 R2 virtual servers running on a number of Hyper-V R2 hosts. And while making use of it, lots of time the synchronization issues occurs. As all of the servers are running in the AD with the help of the non-virtualized PDC emulator syncing against an external time source. While performing the setting I have done some changes which are giving me error message as "The system time has changed". I want to solve this problem. So, if you are having any solution for Time Synchronization On Guest Machine With SQL Server then please help me.

Re: Time Synchronization On Guest Machine With SQL Server

Hello, simply select the reliable time source and then simply make use of the script below:
    Code:
    w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:pool.ntp.org /syncfromflags:MANUAL
    w32tm /config /update
    w32tm /resync
    Now you need to run it, it will reset your time to the one which you are having as the source.

Hello, for Time Synchronization On Guest Machine With SQL Server you may need to perform the SQL Trace Flag Setting. For that you must need to make settings on your startup options as below:
    1. Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
    2. Click on the SQL Server Services.
    3. Here you will able to get the SQL Server (<instance_name>) on which you must need to right click.
    4. Select to the Properties from the option.
    5. Now in the advanced tab you will get the Startup Parameters box in which you need to type parameters with the separated by semicolon.
    6. Then click on OK.
    7. Simply restart your database engine.

Hello, It is needed to make use of the hotfixes for solving the problem of your Time Synchronization on guest machine with SQL Server. It is provided by the Microsoft and you can simply solve them by making use of the Microsoft website. You just need to download them and then simply install them on your server. So, that you will able to get solved for your problem. It will simply solve your problem. So, simply download it from the link below and install it :

FIX: The SQL Server database engine and SQL Server Reporting Services

Hello, I was also searching for the same solution. I have got the solution from which I will able to disable time synchronization from guest to host. You just need to use the command below and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. You need to replace the <vmname> with the target Virtual Machine:
    VBoxManage setextradata <vmname> "VBoxInternal/Devices/VMMDev/0/Config/GetHostTimeDisabled" "1"