Thread: Deploying SQL Server on Dell 710 Server

Deploying SQL Server on Dell 710 Server

Hello, I want to know the details from which I will able to get to install the SQL Server 2008 on my R710 machine which is having dual processors. Is it required to purchase the 2 license for the server. It is costing me as 24999$ for each. Is it required to have the two SQL server license for the two server. If you are having any information about it, then please provide that to me.

Re: Deploying SQL Server on Dell 710 Server

Hello, I am not able to get the exact problem behind it. I am not able to understand the the problem of you. If you are having the license copy for the SQL Server 2008 then you can simply install it. I don't think that if you are having dual processors then you have to install the two SQL Server 2008 license copy. Please provide the more details, from which I will able to get solved for your problem.

Hello, If you want to solve your problem then you can simply buy the one SQL server 2008 Server license and one CAL licenses. So, that you will able to get the different Server Licenses for your Workgroup, Standard and Enterprise editions. So, that you will able to make use of it. It will simply create the conjunction with per device or per user client access licenses. If you are making use of the non web based scenarios then you will able to get help from it.

Hello, I think you need to make use of the two License for the two servers, then only you will able to get the solution for your problem. Else you would not able to use the two servers. If you make use of the single license then it will work for your single machine and then you will not able to get the solution for your problem. If you want to use the two servers then you must need to make use of the two licenses.

Hey, I think you must need to contact to the SQL Server provider for this purpose. As it will simply give you the solution which will simply help you by providing the solution for your problem. It will simply give you solution which will provide you either two license with less amount or it will provide some in between solution which would not cost you more. So, just do this and solve your problem.