Thread: All browsers not working except IE

All browsers not working except IE

I tried Firefox, google chrome, ... all not working and connecting to the Internet except Internet explorer who works perfectly.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.

Re: All browsers not working except IE

You are having trouble in using all the other web browser except the Internet explorer. You have already tried the Mozilla Firefox and the google chrome web browsers. I will recommend you to again install them by first removing it properly from your system. If the same problem exist again then install the Opera or the Apple Safari (Windows). May be it will work.

I'll try Opera but I doubt they will work also.

Firefox, Chrome, and also Skype doesn't connect, it says connection fail.

There must be something messed up in my system. Any ideas?

again IE works fine. Vista 64 bit.

Ok. just installed Opera. no luck also.
    Last edited by zeem; 11-04-2010 at 01:16 AM.

All browsers not working except IE

First of all tell me which one series of operating system you are using. The IE is the default browser provided by the windows OS where as you install the firefox and other browser as a separate browser then you should uninstall the external browser that you have installed currently. Then try to access the browser randomly.

I am using Windows Vsta 64 bit OS.

I didn't understand exactly what you mean. The thing it may be not only browsers as programs such as skype fails to connect always.

Even if I set firefox as my default browser it doesn'y work. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by zeem View Post
    I am using Windows Vsta 64 bit OS.

I didn't understand exactly what you mean. The thing it may be not only browsers as programs such as skype fails to connect always.

Even if I set firefox as my default browser it doesn'y work. Any ideas?
    You could try going into tools and see if Firefox is trying to use a proxy, or automatically trying to find a set IP address to access the internet that isn't valid anymore. I had a customer that quit spending the extra $15.00/month for a static IP and dropped that and went dynamic. For whatever reason, their previous tech set all her browsers to proxy to the static IP. When it changed, she lost access. But HER Internet Explorer worked, too. Turned out, Internet Explorer was happy to use whatever access to the web that ccame through her NIC. So I defaulted the connections settings in each browswer and the Chrome and Firefox worked after that.

The thing is I just connected my desktop which is XP and all programs work perfectly. Firefox, Opera, Skype,...

But on my laptop which is Vista 64 bit it seems all programs can't connect to Internet except IE. Skype can't connect, my anti-virus can't update, Firefox and opera won't work and it's really messy this problem.

Maybe a user control problem?

I reset my internet and network connection even went as deleting windows update and nothing.

It seems like that there is the Firewall problem in your laptop having the Windows Vista 64 bit operating system which is blocking all the other browsers except the Internet explorer to connect to the internet. So first of all check the firewall setting of the Windows Vista operating system in your laptop. If it is the reason then remove the programs from the blocked applications list by the firewall of the Windows Vista operating system.

There is a possibility that some firewall application or the security software that you are using is blocking the applications that you are trying to get the things work out with the same. So disable the feature.

even whe I turn off firewall it still doesn't work. Can it be windows defender?

Hello there, before you get to Windows Defender, I suggest you to make sure that you are trying to work with the compatible browsers with Windows Vista or not. It can be that the incompatibility is causing the issue.

I disabled Firefox and Windows Defender and nothing happened.

The thing is there is a big connectivity problem on my vista. As I said all browser don't work except Internet Explorer. All programs that need to connect to server like Skype don't work. Messenger does though. Any anti-virus I tried cannot connect to server to install updates.

I used to have a trial version of Norton when I bought my laptop which used to update but ever since it ended and I uninstalled I think I started having this problem.

JoshuaGaler Guest

I think that the browser setup file you are trying to install is of 32bit operating system. I think you should search for 64bit operating system browser. The 32bit browser generates error in 64bit.