Thread: Media center hangs in Windows 7 ultimate

Media center hangs in Windows 7 ultimate

I am having the desktop computer system which has the Windows 7 ultimate operating system. I am facing problem with the media center of this desktop. The Media center hangs in Windows 7 ultimate operating system. Whenever i am trying to watch live TV, Recorded episodes and other things, it gets hang every time. So suggest me solution for this issue.

Re: Media center hangs in Windows 7 ultimate

You are having the desktop computer system which has the Windows 7 ultimate operating system installed in it and you are having issue with the media center software of this desktop. It is getting hang every time you are trying to watch recorded programs or live TV. May be the media center software is not installed properly in your system. So i will recommend you to reinstall the Media center software in the computer system.

If the media center is still getting hang after reinstalling the the software in the system then i think the version which you are using of Windows media center software is not compatible with the Windows 7 ultimate operating system. So download and install the latest version of the Windows media center software compatible with the Windows 7 operating system.
    Last edited by Glenny; 30-03-2010 at 09:04 AM.

I think there are many processes and application is running in your desktop computer having the Windows 7 ultimate operating system because of which the Windows media center is not getting the required free memory for carry out the task. So i will advice you to close the unusable processes from your system. This will free some RAM memory in your desktop. After that the media center will not hang.

You have not mentioned the hardware configuration of your desktop computer system in which you have installed the Windows 7 ultimate operating system. This issue can be because of hardware issue also. If your system is not having the required hardware support for the Windows 7 then the hanging issue is one of the very common. So i think you should check for this issue.

If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, Then you should have the following hardware requirements.

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

I had a similar problem. What kind of hardware are you running? (Chipset, Video Card, bus Type)