Thread: Windows Easy Transfer says you are logged into a temporary profile

Windows Easy Transfer says you are logged into a temporary profile

I am using a an acer aspire laptop installed with windows 7. When i try to run the Windows Easy transfer it displays an error that you are logged in to a temporary profile. What is causing this i am not aware but this is really ridiculous since i have just upgrade from windows vista to windows 7 a month ago.

Re: Windows Easy Transfer says you are logged into a temporary profile

The main reason behind this problem appears as the user profile using which you have logged in is corrupted. Hence it would be better if you create a new user account with administrator privileges and then delete the existing user account. The new user account will definitely help you to solve this problem and using this new user account you can transfer all your data.

It appears as one of the user account from either of the two machine is corrupted and hence in order to be sure try to create a new user account on both the system also the user account which was there on the system formerly delete them start the windows easy transfer wizard once again this time it should run successfully

I followed the above suggestion but none of these seems to be useful. Since i created a new profile on both the systems. This time when i tried to run Windows Easy Transfer Wizard it started for a while and then it again resulted in to the same error message. Anyways thanks for the replies if possible please send me another solution so that i can transfer my files.

Well it sounds as your systems registry files have been corrupted so to get rid of this error you must try to repair your windows. Insert the recovery disc and in the drive and when the blue welcome screen appears press the R button from the keyboard this will start the repair wizard follow the instructions and then create a new profile and start the windows easy transfer wizard again it will work without any error.

If you are not able to transfer all your data through the windows Easy transfer wizard then you should try an alternative method to achieve this i have listed the alternative methods to transfer data among different systems

1. Use a USB cable that connects the Windows-based computer to the Windows Vista-based computer.
    2. Establish a network connection between the Windows-based computer and the Windows Vista-based computer.
    3. Use removable media such as a USB flash drive or an external hard disk. You can connect either of these to the Windows-based computer and to the Windows Vista-based computer.
    4. Use a CD burner or a DVD burner in the Windows-based computer and blank media so that you can burn the files and settings to a disc. Then, you can transfer the files and settings to Windows Vista.