Thread: Convert desktop into a 3D world by using BumpTop

Convert desktop into a 3D world by using BumpTop

Hi guys, I have installed a windows vista on my computer and i have heard that u can make my desktop fully 3D by using one software named as BumpTop. I think it would be possible and enjoying too but as i do not know exactly this software what does to the desktop, So can you help me to know about this software or how can i convert desktop in to 3D?

Re: Convert desktop into a 3D world by using BumpTop

You want to customize your desktop in an original and productive? Go 3D! With the free BumpTop, you can create a real office work and leisure in 3D with original animation effects. You can then stack the shortcuts and files on your desktop, stick post-its everywhere, use 3 extra faces on the screen to decorate your desktop photo frames, or dynamic shortcuts to your favorite software and websites as well as to the news of your social networks (Facebook, Twitter). All the usual orders and options from the context menu of Windows of course remain functional and available quickly. Note that BumpTop requires a 3D graphics card, featuring OpenGL 2.0 drivers. If the software does not detect the correct drivers, it will direct you to a Web page that will help you find the ones suited to your graphics card.

BumpTop is a free program you can download from PC Tricks. Save the file to your hard drive. For example, choose the Downloads folder and click Save. Once the download is complete, click the Run button. Click Run again. In the wizard that opens, click the Next button. Select the I understand and accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next. Once finished copying files, click the button for Free Use BumpTop to use the free version of the software.

Immediately after installation, your desktop is transformed into 3D and a little tutorial shows you the different features of the software. Click Skip tutorial to start using the 3D desktop. The 3D desktop is displayed on the screen. It consists of a work surface surrounded by 3 walls on which some elements are already present and where you can easily pin up your own pictures, notes and files. Double click on an area to display in front of you, such as a wall. Double click again on the area to find the main view. To move an icon or a piece of scenery, just click and drag it wherever you want. Note that you can pin it on a wall, simply by dragging it from the desktop to the wall of your choice. Click the right mouse button on an icon or item. A menu appears with 3 options: Minimize, Maximize, and More. Click Minimize to reduce the size of the icon. Grow Click to enlarge the size of the icon and give more importance to the desktop. Click the More button to access the context menu of Windows with the standard options of the shortcut. Note that you can move the camera playing with the wheel on your mouse.

You can easily person the 3D desktop with your items. To add items to your desktop 3D, you can simply drag them from the Start menu or Explorer folder on the desktop. To add gadgets, like a picture frame right click the mouse on the desktop and click on the Widget. Click the Widget to add, add a picture frame for example. Select the folder to use on your hard drive to scroll through the images. You can also specify a keyword Flickr or the address of an RSS feed. Click OK. To add a post-it, Sticky Notes click right click on the desktop. Note that the free version of BumpTop boundary limits you to 2 post-it.

With your 3D desktop, you can easily store the different elements within cells. Their content is then very easy to find and access. Select icons to group. Click on the desktop and drag the mouse to draw a circle around the icons to select. Just release the left button. Click the right mouse button on the selection and click Create Pile. Items are grouped into a single stack of documents. Battery Option by, Battery Type by groups documents according to their expansion and create as many stacks of documents. Double-click a cell to deploy and easy access to documents it contains. Fold the last cell by clicking the X button. To destroy a stack and return to a game icons lying on the desktop, click the right mouse button on the pile of documents and click Destroys the stack.

You can change the settings for BumpTop improve the visual quality of 3D rendering or to customize the interface with a preconfigured themes. Click the right mouse button on an empty space of the Bureau. In the pie chart that appears, click More Settings and then click BumpTop. You can improve the visual quality of 3D rendering if your graphics card is powerful. Pull down the list for this quality picture and click High resolution textures. In the Visual Media tab, you can configure the display of icons hiding the arrow of shortcuts, but hide the file extensions, etc. You can change the frequency of updating the photo frames. You can also change the angle of the 3D desktop. If you use a machine with 2 screens, click Forward BumpTop the next monitor to switch the second screen 3D desktop. In the Themes tab, you can customize the background images of each wall of the 3D desktop. You can also choose a preconfigured themes or download new ones. Check Use my wallpaper floor for use as Windows wallpaper Windows desktop background. Finally, click Apply and then click Close. The desktop appearance is then modified.