Thread: Why Winamp keeps asking for permission in Windows 7?

Why Winamp keeps asking for permission in Windows 7?

Hi friends,
    I just installed Windows 7 to test the new operating system and I have installed some software with the latest version of Winamp. Now I am noticing that whenever I am trying to open the Winamp, it keeps on asking the permission. Sometimes, it doesn't even starts.!! So I thought that you guys might solve my problem. Please tell me why winamp keeps asking for permission in Windows 7? Provide some useful solutions for my problem.!!

Re: Why Winamp keeps asking for permission in Windows 7?

I think that disabling the UAC (User Account Control) will solve your issue. Also have you tried to install some other players like VLC or GOM player which are having more useful functions then the winamp. Many formats which are not supported by the winamp, the VLC and GOM player runs that smoothly. Also the sound quality is good enough. If you love winamp then try to install the version which is not latest (little old). Because there night be the compatibility issue of the new version of winamp on Windows 7.

The UAC for "User Account Control" is a safety device, which aims to regulate the use of executable files and various manipulations requesting sensitive data. Already present in Windows Vista it has often been the subject of complaints about the slowdown of certain tasks that it induces. The same thing continues in Windows 7. So according to me it would be better if you disable the UAC.

UAC, for User Account Control, a security system means that debuted in Windows Vista (which continues in Windows 7). The software controls the rights to run programs and access to certain files, both at the system administrator and the user. Thus the flexibility of malicious software (or malware ) is seen restricted. If you are really getting frustrated with those permissions then turn off the UAC.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Despite the optimization of which he was the object, the UAC can be disabled by Windows 7 as follows :
    1. Start
    2. Control Panel
    3. Accounts and protect users
    4. User Accounts
    5. Change settings of the user account control

Once at this stage a window pop-up appears and offers to determine the UAC warning messages that you want to receive or not. Check the box accordingly and UAC will be turned off.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

The UAC is a feature that was added to Vista, and found in Windows 7. it is used to control the administration of the computer, and it checks if several users use the PC. This feature is installed by default on Vista, but also on Windows 7, via the same route. It can be accessed through the Control Panel-<-User Account Change settings of User Account Control. Hope that you were looking for the same.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination