Thread: Application to open .pub file in Mac

Application to open .pub file in Mac

Hello to all,
    I am using MacBook Pro which has Mac OS X installed in it. Last night I received one email which has one image with .pub extension, but I unable to open it. I tried to open it with Adobe reader, but nothing happened. I don't know how to open that file. Can anyone tell me is there any application to open .pub file in Mac?
    Thank you.

Re: Application to open .pub file in Mac

Hey this is the Microsoft Publisher file. You have to use Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 to open this file. Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 helps you create, personalize, and share a wide range of publications and marketing materials in-house. New and improved capabilities guide you through the process of creating and distributing in print, Web, and e-mail so you can build your brand, manage customer lists, and track your marketing campaigns — all in-house. You can get this from official site.

Hey you have to use Publisher Viewer to open and view Publisher files. Office Publisher 2007 helps you communicate your brand and your message with others via high-impact, professional-looking newsletters, brochures, flyers, postcards, Web sites, e-mails, and more. Monitor your marketing activities from concept to delivery, track your campaigns, manage customer lists, and get creative—all in-house and all within an easy-to-use interface.

If you have a Publisher file (. Pub) in an e-mail address to receive and this does not open, you can Download a trial version of Publisher (available in English only). By using the trial version you can also learn more about how can create professional-looking publications using Office Publisher 2007 in no time. After the trial period you can continue to use the trial as a viewer for Publisher files, but not create or change more publications.

You have to convert the Publisher file to a PageMaker file, and then open the PageMaker file in InDesign.

In PageMaker 7.0.x:

1. Click Start > Programs > Adobe > PageMaker 7.0 > Converter For Microsoft Publisher & QuarkXPress.

2. Choose File > Select Files, and then click Select.

3. Click Convert.

4. In InDesign, choose File > Open to open the new file.

In PageMaker 6.5.x

1. Click Start > Programs > Adobe > PageMaker 6.5 > Microsoft Publisher To PM6.5 Converter.

2. Choose File > Select Files, and then click Select.

3. Click Convert.

4. In InDesign, choose File > Open to open the new file.

Hey there is no need to download any software or application to open .pub file. There are lot's of site are there, which can convert any type of document into any format. I have given following link of some of them just try it.
    1. http://www.zamzar.com/
    2. http://www.pdfonline.com/convert-pdf/