Thread: Copy files greater than 100M

Copy files greater than 100M

I am using two hard drives for my system,My system's motherboard is compatible to manage the SATA type disk and also able to support transfer rate of 3Gb/S. I am using 2Seagate hard disks and both are able to do same with transfer rate of 3Gb/s.

In Window 7, I don't have any problem of copying files of size less than 10M from one hard disk to another but In case, I goes to copy a file of size more than 100M from one hard disk to another, The operation gets hanged in middle of the processing. Why it's going on ...

Have you checked with another files as the same procedure , You need to check with the same procedure with evry drives in the computer system.

And if the result of the operation is going same with another drives then you should be clear that you operating system blocks has been corrupted and you need to open the command prompt and execute a chkdsk recently, or used any disk diagnostic tools to check the health of your drive?

Does the same thing is also going on in case of copying files or folder to/from external devices, usb drives, external hard disks, and etc ?

Have you tried to check the hard disks to plug it within another computer, to test for a potential motherboard problem, or to see if the drive's are faulty? Finally, have you experienced this problem within other operating systems, such as vista or XP?

Hello sir,

Thanks for your reply and it is going on same with every files more than 100MB. I just recently changed SATA cables and hard disks also that support transfer rate of 3 Gb/s. but the issue is still going on after checking all of things.

But when I set hard disk jumpers to control the transfer rate to 1.5 Gb/s, In that case, the issue is being resolved and I think it is the bug of Window 7.

Thanks..

In the meantime however. It is not actually the resolution about this issue to which you are experiencing currently, but have you considered having the disks in sata 1.5gbps mode for the time being?

Almost There are no any hard disk that can sustain speeds that would saturate a 1.5gbit connection which allows for transfers up to 150MB/s. I am aware about the fact that my hard disk rarely gets above 100MB/s at the time of sequential reads and writes.