Thread: Mev video file please help

Mev video file please help

Recently i have bought a new USB pen drive which was loaded with some Videos. When i opened the USB drive it contains some file which was in the .Mev file format and i when i clicked this file i got an error message "it comes up with i box saying the file is corrupt" . Please help in playing these mev video files. If possible i would like to know more about this file format
    Last edited by Peasants; 31-03-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Re: Mev video file please help

The Mev file might have been corrupted and hence you are getting this error. So either try to use a software application which can repair the corrupted file or you can simply do back to the Pen drive vendor and ask him about the same. I think he will provide you with a new and a proper copy of the Mev video file.

Mev file extension is owned by sony electronics for Movies like Men in Black and The DaVinci code these movies are offered in the MicroVault click drives. These movies are available in a file size of about 3.75 GB. You will have to play these movies from the pen drive itself you cannot copy it to your hard disk. It would be better to contact sony for the corruption.

Have you checked the file on a different system since it might be possible that your desktop might not be supporting the mev file extensions and these files are reported as corrupted by the system. Hence i would advice you to check the usb pen drive with the help of another system this should make the problem more clearer.

Thanks for the replies and so far i am still getting the error. I want to get rid of this error so that i can watch the movies as soon as possible. i have tried a number of media players but none of the player seems to be helpful in which i can play those movies. I desperately need a player please suggest the suitable one for me.

Download the Total video converter since this will help you to convert the file in Mpeg format or some file format which may be compatible with the media player which you are using. It is also integrated with the Total video player you can use it to play a video even without converting hope this helps.