Thread: Where to find Ctmp3.acm file in pc

Where to find Ctmp3.acm file in pc

Hello friends,
    I am having audio distortion problem in Windows Media Player. I want to solve this problem. I want to rename Ctmp3.acm with Ctmp3.bak so that I can play all mp3 files in the Windows Media Player without any distortion. Can anyone tell me from where to find Ctmp3.acm file in pc? Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Where to find Ctmp3.acm file in pc

You have to use Advanced Search option to search for this file. You can do this in the following ways.
    First click on the start button -> now go to search option -> Now go to advanced option and select "hidden and system files" -> now type name of your file and pres OK to start the search process.

You have to use following steps to find Ctmp3.acm file in pc.
    First open My computer -> now go to Tools menu -> Now go to Folder Options -> Now go to View option -> Now check "show all hidden files and folders" -> Now press apply and then go search window and type the name of your file and press enter.

Hey if you have Creative soundcard then you have to look out for this file in the system directory. There you will find CTMP3.acm file, just rename it with CTMP3.bak to fix this problem. You can get this file in the following ways.
    First go to C: drive of your computer -> now go to Windows ->Now go to system32 ->Now look out for ctmp3.acm -> Now right-click on it to rename.

If you hear audio distortion when playing an .mp3 file, find the file Ctmp3.acm on your computer and rename it to Ctmp3.bak. The Player isn't fully compatible with the Ctmp3.acm file, which is a Creative PlayCenter MP3 decoder.
    I hope my suggestion will help you.