Thread: Is there any Text-to-speech freeware available for Windows 7

Is there any Text-to-speech freeware available for Windows 7

I am working on Windows 7 which was recently updated by my engineer due to requirement of some of my applications. Everything went perfectly ok until I find that I am unable to get how to execute Microsoft Anna's voice on it. I have heard of the same in Windows Vista which works better than that on Windows XP (which I am used since ages). But since the same is not available or am I unable run it, I am looking for some Text-to-speech freeware software that can run on my Windows 7 computer. Can someone provide me such software and probably freeware?

Re: Is there any Text-to-speech freeware available for Windows 7

I am not so sure but if you want to use the same Microsoft Anna's voice on Windows 7 then since the interface of Windows 7 and Windows Vista is similar, you can follow the below steps to get it work:

• Select a Speaker
    • Select an Audio Output Device
    • Configure Text-to-Speech Options

To determine/configure the selected Text-to-Speech voice, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Speech. On the Text-to-Speech tab, the displayed name in the Voice selection drop-down list is the currently active voice.
      2. Click Preview Voice to hear the active voice. The text is spoken and the words are highlighted as they are spoken.

NaturalReader allows you to experience listening to your emails, web pages, reports or any text on your PC. There are no charges for downloading, using and redistributing the free version of the software. It is Windows 7 compatible.

Main Feature:
    Read Text Files
    • Text files
    • MS Word files
    • MS Internet Explorer webpages
    • Adobe PDF files
    • Emails

Read settings/adjustments
    • Speed
    • Voice (male/female)
    • Quality
    • Volume

VocaTalk is best suited for you. VocaTalk is the only Text-to-speech (TTS) application that supports background music! VocaTalk uses text-to-speech (TTS) technology to read the text aloud and digital signal processing (DSP) technology to massage the generated speech. Listening to a VocaTalk episode is much more comfortable and fun than raw TTS (text-to-speech) voice.

Panopreter is also available for free for Windows 7 computers. Panopreter reads text file, rtf file, word document and web page in .htm format, it can read in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and more, provided such Text-To-Speech voice engines have been installed on your computer. You install the Text-To-Speech voices for the specific language, then you can hear the files being read for you.

Free text to speech reader for all windows, its name is 'totispeak', google for it.