Thread: Bootvis, how to work it

Bootvis, how to work it

Hello friends,
    Form last week my computer taking very long time for booting up and to overcome this problem and to increase speed I download and install bootvis in my computer, but nothing happened in PC performance. I think I don't know how to use it. Please can anyone tell me how bootvis works?
    Thank you.

Re: Bootvis, how to work it

I would suggest you to not use bootvis. This is because I had used it and it messed up my computer. It also no longer available in the official site of Microsoft. You can get more information about it in the following link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system...t/bootvis.mspx

As per Microsoft Bootvis.exe is not a tool that will improve boot/resume performance for end users. Contrary to some published reports, Bootvis.exe cannot reduce or alter a system's boot or resume performance. The boot optimization routines invoked by Bootvis.exe are built into Windows XP. These routines run automatically at pre-determined times as part of the normal operation of the operating system.

You have to use following steps to use Bootvis.
    1.Just open Bootvis and look out for left pane where you would see various check boxes.
    2.Just select all of them.
    3.This activities are enable when you next time restart your computer.

After opening Bootvis the first steps is "Analyzing your system".
    To optimize boot sequence of Windows XP, you need to have BOOTVIS analyze the boot sequence. To do this you have to restart your computer. Now close all running application and use following steps.
    1.Now go to menu -> now go to File -> now go to "New" -> Now go to "Next -> Boot + Drivers Trace".
    2.Now here choose Standby or Hibernate sequence.
    3.Now one window will open and asked for how many times BOOTVIS should repeat analyzing the boot sequence -> As per my knowledge 1 repetition will do the job.
    4.Press "OK" to continue.
    5.Now your computer restart -> when your computer boot up BOOTVIS will automatically start.
    6. Now choose from the menu "Trace" the option "Optimize System"
    7.Now your PC start again. Now Bootvis again start and it takes long time to Optimize System.

As per my knowledge BootVis is used to optimize the Windows xp boot process, but it doesn't make any miracle. It means if your computer is loaded with lots of deadly viruses then it BootVis can not help you to improve your computer performance. There may be some other issue can affect your PC like firewall, and e-mail programs may be also start when boot up. In this case you have to take proper action to optimize the Windows xp performance.