Thread: Schedule automatic disk cleanup in Windows 7

Schedule automatic disk cleanup in Windows 7

I wanted to know that is there any way by which i can schedule the cleanup of my disk on my computer which runs Windows 7. I don't want to delete all the unwanted data and files regularly by going manually all the time, so if there is any way by which i can set a particular time and whenever i start my computer it automatically cleanup my hard drive's disk. So if any one knows this method then please provide me... it will be really appreciated.

Importance of disk cleanup

It is really very important that the maintenance computer is mandotary. It includes the cleanup of hard disk which is really important in order to keep your computer in optimal condition. You need to run the disk cleanup regularly with the help of disk cleanup utility program. If you don't do it regurarly then it will bring on many trash files to your computer. The trash files may consume the hard disk space and they can impact the performance of the computer. Your computer will run slower, and also you may run out of disk space.

Re: Schedule automatic disk cleanup in Windows 7

It is important that you need to clean your hard drive by using a good cleaning utility program. As you have stated that you are running Windows 7 then you don't need to have third party cleanup utility as it has a built-in utility which can perform the task of getting rid from the unwanted files like temporary internet files, or temporary system files, temporary internet files, or setup log files.

In order to schedule time for disk cleanup you need to follow all the steps which i have mentioned below:

1. First thing is you need to run the Disk Cleanup utility from your computer.
    2. After that run the disk cleanup utility and then select the drive which you wanted to clean and then click on ok.
    3. When you run the clean up utility there you can see a selection of folders that you can delete.
    4. In order to schedule time for the disk cleanup you need to go to the start menu and there in the search box just type task scheduler.
    5. A task schedular window will open and there you need to select the option Action in the windows bar and from there just select Create a Basic Task
    6. In that just write the name of the disk cleanup and then you can see an option which is called Trigger select it to set it for weekly or as per your requirement and then in Action select the option for Start a Program.
    7. After that in Start a Program you need to select the cleanup program i.e Cleanmngr.exe. And finally click on finish.

I think it is the best idea to have on the Windows 7 operating system which can help us to schedule time for cleaning unwanted files and data from a particular disk drive. I have used the above method and i can say that it is really great method by which our computer automatically cleans all the data waste data and maintain our computer with the best functions and with great speed without any problem.