Thread: What is fbi gui manager

What is fbi gui manager

Hi,

I have a hp pavilion 304w that had a hard disk failure. I replaced the drive and use the HP restore disks. Something called FBI GUI manager still appears. I use HP's customer service gave me the recovery disk recovery time, restored my computer there is only one c drive only 32g, the other hard disk space are missing, but there is an FBI-gui-MANAGER software interface has been installed, what should I do to stop it? Thank you.

Re: What is fbi gui manager

FBI File Manager GUI based installer means Graphical User Interface Manager, while running the computer will restart several times to take a couple of hours it does is it installs all the HP software that came with your computer and makes an image of the hard disk which includes Windows so that if you ever need to reformat again.

This happens because after hitting the F11 key before Windows starts Partition this leads to the recovery that allows you to format or repair your a hard disk drive but not always in my case, I had lost the installation disk does not work. Or if you have installed a new blank hard drive you need to reinstall Windows and the appropriate drivers belonging to their individual computer. The recovery disk are provided in the DVD purchased by the manufacturer.

FBI File Manager GUI means Graphical User Interface Manager, while running the computer will restart several times to take a couple of hours it does is it installs all the HP software that came with your computer and makes an image. This is incorporated with your Windows hard disk so that if you ever need to reformat again may possibly say this cause is really a 50/50 chance of being able to do so by turning on your computer and continuously hitting the F11 this leads to the image the base install file that makes 50 percent of the time lets you format a hard disk drive this is good if you lost your disk.

I had the same problem, booting in safe mode, by turning off the laptop, then go back on press F8 until you get an option to boot in Safe Mode. Once connected, go to msconfig and disable RUNFBI then restart the machine, that gui FBI APPZIP run from a folder on drive C:. Delete that folder. You can get to msconfig by clicking the Start button, select Run, type msconfig in, go to the start-up tab then uncheck the RUNFBI Click Apply and OK then restart. Once you've cleared the RUNFBI your laptop to function as normal.

Under normal circumstances HP System Recovery will be spent on a long time, usually between 1.5 to 3.5 hours, the specific situation depends on your machine system, once it was restored in 6325 with a night, about 6 hours to complete. On the other hand, system recovery disk you want whether it is corresponding to your machine model, the best resort to HP customer service to confirm this point, otherwise the system would be very difficult to restore them to use.

mrksem454 Guest

At this point you need to expand the partition of your hard drive. For some unknown reason HP limits this to 32 gb and partions your drive to that size. You need to change this,. To do this on Vista perform the following. If you are using XP, let me know and I can provide alternate steps that will get you there as well.

1. Click the Start button (windows button on your task bar)
    2. Right click on Computer
    3. Select Manage
    4. In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management
    5. You should now see Disk 0, CD-ROM-0 and so forth. Disk 0 is likely mapped to drive letter C. You should see that there is unpartitioned space associated with this drive. At this point, right-click on the drive area (where the drive letter appears) and choose Extend Volume.
    6. Now you simply need to provide the amount of disk space you want to add; in most cases you will want to use the entire drive.
    7. Proceed to complete this Extend wizard and when it's finished you will be able to use your entire hard drive space.