Thread: Unable to complete backup. An error occured while copying files to the backup volume.

Unable to complete backup. An error occured while copying files to the backup volume.

Hello everybody,

I had several messages today since the end of synchronization Time Machine saying: "Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while copying files to the backup volume." I use Time Machine with a LaCie 250 GB on my macbook pro. I don't know much this error message. So please tell how to fix this problem.

Re: Unable to complete backup. An error occured while copying files to the backup volume.

Try to fix the Time Machine backup:

1. Select the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
    2. Select the View menu, select "Time Machine".
    3. Push the lever in the off position to turn off the Time Machine backups.
    4. Open Disk Utility in / Applications / Utilities.
    5. The procedure to repair depends on where the Time Machine backups:

Re: Unable to complete backup. An error occured while copying files to the backup volume.

I had the same problem as the first steps with TimeMachine! After months of research and no update will correct this matter, I finally found, staying glued to the progress bar back up, it was an iMovie file that was blocking the end of the backup!

In your case, I would say that it hangs on the side of the backup files sync your iPhone or other mobile device that you use. Trying to exclude this folder (Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/MobileSycnc) the TimeMachine backup (in the system pre /TimeMachine/Options) and it should play!

For system full backup with time machine. If you're wondering how to check their records on a Mac, just click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen, click About This Mac "... and click More Info ... button. On the left of the screen is the "Register" link, click that and check out the entries in system.log. There will be plenty of data to find, apparently repeating strings, which will help you see if Mac OS runs in a loop.

Although it is not normal, at times, Time Machine can not recognize the drive on which it is assumed that the backups to be saved. When this occurs, usually resolves with one of two tasks: Deactivating the suspension of your hard drive (if any) or remember a Time Machine where to look. This can be done by opening the Time Machine pane in System Preferences and click the Select button disc. From here you can select the correct disk volume.