Thread: The iTunes application could not be opened. The required folder cannot be found.

The iTunes application could not be opened. The required folder cannot be found.

Hi,

Every time I try to open iTunes, I get the error message, "The iTunes application could not be opened. The required folder cannot be found". I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes several times. I even ran a quick scan. So I want to know What should I do to use my iphone and put music on it.

Re: The iTunes application could not be opened. The required folder cannot be found.

Try to create a new account, it can often be helpful to find out whether the problem occurs only when a specific Windows user account or all accounts. Select the Start menu, select Control Panel, Open User Accounts. Select "Create New Account" and follow all instructions that are necessary for setting up a new account. If the new account is created, select the "Start" menu, select "unsubscribe". Log in to your newly created account. Open iTunes, and then determine whether the problem occurred that was occurring even with this new user.

Re: The iTunes application could not be opened. The required folder cannot be found.

Third-party plug-ins can cause many problems, especially if the plug-in has not been updated in order to with the new versions of iTunes to be compatible. iTunes Plug-ins are stored in the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins

Viruses can affect different functions of the computer, including iTunes. Make sure that you have installed a current anti-virus software and that the virus libraries are updated. Use the software to scan your system. If no update is available for the anti-virus software, temporarily disable the antivirus software to determine whether this the problem of unexpectedly quit, or freeze the restart will be fixed in iTunes.

First, uninstall the program you have Quicktime and reinstall the latest version. If this does not solve the problem of trying to download the latest version of iTunes. If that does not help to uninstall iTunes and reinstall the latest version. It can also happen that are other programs and startup items into conflict with iTunes. I certainly hope you have everything backed up on iTunes.