Thread: Problem with MSN being slow

Problem with MSN being slow

Hi there, I am having a issue with the recently installed Windows 7 in which everything is working fine but having Problem with MSN being slow. When i start the Windows Live Messenger and switch to the chat to have little talk with someone the same freezes for 1 second and after that it start working. To get rid of this issue i have reinstalled the Windows Live Messenger but that also does not work for me. So if any one can help me then please step ahead. A help may be appreciated.

Re: Problem with MSN being slow

I think that the issue is with the hardware acceleration which is causing the lag with the Windows Live Messenger. So if you give a try to disable the Hardware Acceleration of the Video card then might be this issue got resolved. Also after disabling the hardware Acceleration just run it in the Windows Vista compatibility mode. It might work with the issue of your. I know this is the temporary solution but as for now this much only. Thanks

Hey, I am having the same issue with the Windows Live Messenger which is freezes while i am attempting to chat on it. Actually the issue is with the Firewall of mine which is having the history page that shows the blocked communication. And also the port 1900 was blocked. After allowing the port for communication the problem automatically resolved. So suggesting you to perform the same will sort out your problem with Windows Live Messenger.

This is done because the flash of your computer is unable to load the same so if you are also getting the lagging issue in the Windows Live Messenger then its better to update the Video Driver of your computer and then try to run the Windows Live Messenger might resolve your issue. Install the latest graphic driver if possible to get best result for the same issue.

Have you uninstalled Windows Live Messenger ans reinstalled it again? If not then perform it. And if you have already done with the same then i think there might be some issue of registry. So its better to uninstall it once again and run the Registry Cleaner which will clear the Registry entry of this product. Also if you found any Folder name Windows Live in C drive then delete the same and after that install the WLM once again. Hope this is work for you.

I was going through exactly same problem with the Windows Live Messenger which was lags or freeze when i want to start chat or anything on it. So i have tried the disabling of the Hardware Acceleration of the Video Card and the problem got resolved. To disable the same you have to take following step.
    1. Right click on empty screen of Desktop
    2. Select the Change Resolution
    3. Click on Advance Link
    4. Click on Troubleshooting tab
    5. And now move the notch to third level